• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance Graph Question...

LEECH21

I have a X50 Lowrance fish finder that came with my new Crestliner and am now looking to upgrade. Can I leave the transducer and all the cables from the X50 if I get another Lowrance? Will it basically just plug into the existing equipment?

You will more than likely want to take the old ducer off unless your going to mount the unit elsewhere on the boat. The newer, probably more powerful unit, will have a different ducer that you will have to wire through your boat and mount the new ducer in a new, or the same, spot and a spot for the GPS puck if you go that way.

I have a X50 Lowrance fish finder that came with my new Crestliner and am now looking to upgrade. Can I leave the transducer and all the cables from the X50 if I get another Lowrance? Will it basically just plug into the existing equipment?

It depends on what you upgrade too, but I think the x50 you have has black connectors on it, correct? The new HDS series uses power cables and transducers that have blue connectors (assuming that is what you were going to upgrade too).

I'm looking at upgrading to a X135 or X136 DF or something similar. On the model I have now, all it has is a black transducer, a black cable that goes in the back of the unit and a bracket that the unit itself snaps into. My boat is a 2008 so all the equipment is newer. I'd like to do this without drilling anymore holes if I can.

Thanks

leech, i believe the x135 had grey connectors that screw on the unit not push in not positive..but its and easy fix to change out the transducer if u dont take the ducer off first..ty a rope onto the end that attaches to the unit make sure its tight and then pull it through the boat and out the back..then attach the rope to the new transducer end and pull it back through and hook to ur new unit and screw the new transducer into the old holes from the old transducer..have done this several times and its a 5 to 10 minute job..if you take the old transducer off without rope it will take you hours to get the new cable through ur boat and it sucks!!!

You might be surprised. I had an lcx-15mt with a bad transducer that had grey connectors and found a ducer with blue connectors for dirt cheap and it works without any problems. I probably ended up getting a better transducer for an older unit.