• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are the 5 must have baits for a beginner?

prepare to get really confused grin everybody has a different top 5

my two cents for a ''begginner''

1. 7'' swim whizz or 8 inch believer

2. a Bucher slopmaster spinnerbait

3. a topraider

4. a black bucktail like a mepps musky killer

5. a rapala super shad rap or slashbait

good luck

1. 1/2-2oz spinner bait

2. bucktail/mepps spinner/buchertail (all the same) (variety of colors if possible)

3. jointed tail X-rap

4. jake bait

5. depth raider

colors vary on the lake/water quality

Id recomend some for shallow water and some for deep... never know where the fish will take you.

1. Small to medium sized Bucktail-Inhalers and Harrassers, I like the short tails with the big willow blades also.

2. Big bucktail-any kind of double 10-marabou, tinsel, rubber, whatever. They're super hyped because they work.

3. A small Jake of some kind. i think 7". Can be worked shallow, or over deeper water. I've seen them move fish everywhere. hot bait this year for my boat.

4. Topraider.

5. Some kind of jerkbait or twitchbait a magic maker or a hellhound or a phantom.

I gotta expand the list to 6 unless you count both my bucktails as one lure

Smaller bucktail that you can reel fast - a baby girl or a harasser maybe.

bigger bucktail, such as a cowgirl

magnum bulldawg, either black or pearl - hard to fish these wrong, and they just catch fish

spinnerbait - slopmasters or grinders

jointed depthraider

and yet another vote for a topraider. I'd say in blackbird

I'd keep it simple with color, worry more about where and how to use the lure than its color. Go with pink for your cowgirl or spinnerbait, you won't be dissapointed smile

Bucktails- mepps, harassers, dcg

topwater- walk the dog- weagle, doc, or jackpot. Propeller- pacemaker, topraider, muskybuster's lures

Cranks- jake, grannies, slammer

Jerk- dive n rise- suicks, bobbie, wade wobbler. Glider-phantoms, hellhound, magicmaker.

Good luck! Once u get into this sickness, you can't get out!

he speaks the truth - i fished them for the first time 2 years ago. I don't own a boat. But now I own 3 rods and reels, a lakewood full of baits, and all the tools. Must be at least 1500 to 2000 bucks worth of gear. Imagine if I had a boat... whew!

Quote:
Good luck! Once u get into this sickness, you can't get out!

it's true there is no ''complete'' cure. but i've observed that unless you decide to go professional and do it for a living you'll turn a corner, usually when enough are caught. then you'll mix up your bag some. the good thing is after rounding that corner every other fish seems a whole lot easier to catch. grin