Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
picksbigwagon

Shriners

5 posts in this topic

played bluff creek today and was stuck behind a 4 some of shriners.....probably helped me more than hurt me. I was walking and their slow pace made me slow down and take my time, which didn't always help.

I lost 3 balls today, but thanks to the shriners pace of play, it allowed me to lock in the hubs and retrieve 10 golf balls in a ravine. 4 of which were new prov1's and a couple nike plantinum ones. I'll trade a couple NXT's for that any day.

The bunkers were scarey looking, not from dificulty but the courseness of the sand and being extremely firm.

Shot of the day was a wind aided 3 wood off the tee, 267 yards. The driver was hit and miss today as well. Oh well, more things to work on. I have found a short game though, only 33 putts. My Clicgear cart and SG5 gps have really been fun to use this year. The gps really helps when you are playing from the wrong fairway. Tomorrow morning the pot of coffee will be on extra early and extra strong since I missed the opening round of the Open

I had a similar experience at The Ridges at Sand Creek in Jordan the other day. We had a 4-some ahead of us and it helped me to slow down a little and at least think about my shots.

Heading back out there this Sunday with my son to play another round and get ready for next weeks league play.

Lep,

After playing hockey with you, I didn't think anything could help your shots! smile

Just had to get another shot on the old hockey years didn't you? grin

Sure I was a scrawny 5'11" and 135 lbs dripping wet back then and my slap shot needed some work, but the collisions into the boards were sure fun.

Now I'm an inch shorter but 80 lbs heavier. If only I had this build back then.

But in all seriousness, my golf swing has improved over last year. My typical drive is 250 with an occasional smack to 300+.

Makes me kind of nervous with guys like Picks talked about infront of us. I've learned to be more patient and allow for people to leave the fairway if they're within 350 yards.

Good for you. I stick to the ice since I never learned how to hit a drive straight. With my slice you didn't want to be on any of the three fairways to right of where I was driving.