• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any hand pourers?

Finally got time to pour do to some unexpected time off this week, got a couple new molds over the winter and really haven't had time to do anything with them. Here are some pics

10" worm Black and Blue with a Blue vein running through the tail

116.jpg

Same

139.jpg

9" trick worm Vein doesn't show in the pic but looks awesome in person

135.jpg

New craw mold, pretty decent action, little bit more subtle than a Paca

117.jpg

126.jpg

These should work just as good as the store bought brands. Do you add scent?

Has anyone come up with a mold yet for tube worms?

IMHO they work better, there is certain stuff you just can't do (super small and thin appendages) with handpouring, but the plastic is way better, more supple, stronger, bouyant, and the colors you can get are awesome.

I hand dip tubes, takes alot of time but it has its advantages, handcut tails are the way to go, and once again the colors you get are awesome. There is molds out there for them but they are a pain from what I hear, I have never tried them. Dels tackle has them and so does Lure Craft. I do add scent, I just don't go nuts with it, just enough top mask human scent and to get rid of the smell of the plastic, oil based scent can't draw fish in anyway, it can just make them hold on longer.

Please explain hand dipping. I have no idea what you are talking about. Tubes have been my top bass catcher. Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding them in chartreuse. That was my most productive color on sunny days. Black does the best on cloudy days.

if you start out with just one mold and a gallon of plastic its not bad, as soon as you get addicted all heck breaks loose and you realize you got more into it then you could ever use.... but thats part of the fun.

Hand dipping is taking a metal rod, either aluminum or stainless, in the diameter you want on the inside of the tube, dipping it in plastic, then hand cutting the tails with a tube cutter. There is alot of different ways to do it, but thats what I do. I use 3/16" all the way to 5/8" diameter rod depending on the tube I want. It takes a little practice to get something that actually resembles a tube, but I have done it for a couple years and mine look as good as anything you can buy in the store. I usually use all my scraps mixed with a little new plastic for tubes since I like dark colors anyway. Its a good way to not waste plastic when you are pouring!