Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Zelmsdawg

Possible record low temps

I heard tomorrow(friday) could have record low temps. Any thoughts or opinions what this weather is going to do to the fishing this weekend? Cold front or feeding frenzy?

I remember about 6 years ago or so there were 3 days in the middle of august where the temps got down in the low 60s and during that stretch I caught my first tigers. Any chance it happens again?

Good luck,

Zelmsdawg

I think it's going to kill the bite, but I suppose it has been fairly consistently cold in my area lately so it might not hurt it too much.

I suppose I don't really care, I'm going to be out there either way.

It's not like we're at a mid summer peak or anything...water temps have already been dropping the last two days, what's a little more?

didn't move a single fish.

Just got in, I've been out since a little after 8 this morning.

caught 2 decent smallmouth and saw about a 30 pound Buffalo. That was all the action I could stand.

I lied when I said that was all the action I could stand. Went out again around 7, moved 2 fish. One of them upper 40's and came in hot once on a believer and once on a DCG. Pretty sure she was just curious, saw her surface about 4 times in the area and i'm sure she was just gorging on baitfish and had no need to bite my lure. oh well, made me forget about this morning.

Zelms, funny you bring up that weather from some years back and tigers I remember it really well too for the same reason. Really hot stretch followed by a big, big cool down I was on the water the day before and caught two tigers (first muskies, ever) I was stoked. I think this weather is slightly different though it hasnt been overly hot much and the dropping temps are not as abrupt.

With that said my buddy and I just got back in from a short trip this eve and the fish were up and active. I had a big fish follow, a nice fish hooked up for a bit, one fatty mid 30s pike, and my buddy was happy to land his first muskie at 36". All our action came on top with docs and jackpots.

Good to know fish are still moving. Was going to go friday morning buy my partner backed out so went to elsewhere instead. Will be going out tonight with goblue and hopefully can move a fish or 2 on my new baits wink

Good luck,

Zelmsdawg

I got out yesterday around 5 and had a hot fish come up burning a bucktail and one short strike, until the wind died. Then the action quit along with it. I liked the cooler weather reminded me of fall fishing and the lake was quiet!