• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nintendo Emulator recommendations?

JimBuck

I was wondering if anyone is currently running any Nintendo emulators for the PC/Mac? I've got the itch for some classic NES games and did a little research into emulators. With so many to choose from I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations? Come on children of the 80's....I know your out there! laugh

Cheers.

I used to run nesticle on my pc about eight years ago when I got the Zelda itch- Duck Hunting isn't nearly as fun without that toy gun though...

It seemed to be about the same quality as the real thing- I don't know if there is much room for improvement on those games for an 8-bit system

I used to run nesticle on about eight years ago when I got the Zelda itch- Duck Hunting isn't nearly as fun without that toy gun though...

same here nesticle rocks! nothing better than going back and playing contra and seeing how many times you can beat the game over and over with out dieing smile

I have all the NES, SNES and GENISIS games on my PC. Not all of them converted over very well but a majority are just like the real thing except playing on a keyboard.

Thanks guys. I think I'll give NESticle a whirl. I've got a Nintendo at home that is in great shape....however some of the prices they are offering for the classics are absurd. I've been looking at the USB converter's for the NES controller's which seem to work pretty well for emulators. Ideally I'm going to load the emulator on a laptop and bring it in the boat. Nothing like playing a little Excite Bike waiting for the clicker to go off! laugh