• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

He said it was easy!

Scott K

Yesterday my 11 year old son Travis and I decided to do some fishing. We were discussing on were we were going to go, I wanted to go down stream and he wanted to go up stream. So we went upstream to fish a spot that has produced for him last week with a 18 pounder. Travis's largest fish he has ever caught was a 28 pound flathead from last year, and he said he wanted to catch a bigger one. I told him 28 pounds is a nice fish, but if he was to spend time on the water it was possible to beat it. Well last night, he set the hook on one, I could tell it was of decent size because it was taking drag, and I usually have the drag set tight. After about a 10 minute fight the fish was starting to come to the top, and I could see the big swirls, then the fish surfaced. Well he smashed his old record of 28 lbs, with a +40#. A nice 44x27. I told him, dont expect to break that record anytime soon.

100_0596.jpg

100_0602.jpg

was kinda wondering if that fish was spawned out... my brother caught a nicer one last night too, went 36" and weighed just under 23# and I also caught a really lil one @ 14 inches thought I had the smallest but a buddy of mine caught on smaller o'well good night to be on the water and catchin fish is always a bonus

I have had 5 40+ # fish caught out of my boat this year by people other then me, all but one was a personal best.

One can not explain the joy of putting another person onto a fish that big, especially my 11 year old son. I was way more excited to have him catch it, then what I would have been to catch it myself. It will be a memory he will have for a long time. Tonight, we are off to get him into the 50 pound club I guess.