Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
st.crioxfishin

'08 Nav Chips

8 posts in this topic

Might not be the best place to post this question, but I figured someone here would know... Are there any stores in the metro area that still have the 2008 Navionics chips in stock? Looking to get the north chip... Went to gander last night and they only had the '09.

Thanks!

I have a new 09' on my bow unit and the 08 gold package on my HBird on the console. The 09 is missing structure on the Alex chain and I am told that some 09 do not even have Gull Lake data at all. I guess there is a new 09 coming out with the better data. Caveat emptor.

Hey Capt. Do you have a Lowrance on the bow? If so it's not the chip, you need ANOTHER update. Then it will show Alex. Not the chip its the Lowrance surprise surprise.

It is a Lowrance but it shows Alex in detail but is missing some humps. I was told that there is an updated 09 because data is missing such as all of Gull Lake. I was thinking I got the last pertinent update for my Lowrance but will check it out,, thanks for the possible heads up,.

Sorry to sound so bitter, I just have to deal with these issues (Lowrance) everyday and it just gets kind of old. You are correct. Nav does have a 2nd issue of the 09 chip. If you check one out and it has a better map then what you have you can send yours to Navionics and they will get you the new one at no charge, Or depending on where you got it you might be able to do it over the counter. Hope that helps if you need any contact info let me know. Good luck.