• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stolen lic. plate?

The front plate was removed from my truck last night. I made sure I had ins. info handy when I went to work this Am. I can not be at the DOT until Fri. My question is why would someone do this? How long am I going to get drive off issues? How long do I need to worry about this and what would be the best way to protect myself from the punks that are wearing my plate? (on a good note---The tabs expired on the 10th of this month. It must suck to be a stupid thief. He steals a plate with expired tabs.) I can not get there until Friday.

Last year in the St. Cloud area with high gas prices people would steal the plates, put them on their car and do a fill and run at gas stations. It was advised to report any of those thefts to the police.

I had the front plate stolen off my truck last weenend...I did report it to the local police and they took my other plate as well. They advised it is the best practice to report stolen plates in the event they are used in a crime - a CYA move. I think it cost $6.50 for my new plates.

Had my plates stolen once too, reported it and got new plates. The cops got the guy a few months later. A lot of DWI drivers do this cuz they can't get plates or don't want the W plates on car. Also thieves so the plate can't be traced. It is essential you report it to cover your tail, saves a lot hassle sometimes.

It took three trips to the dmv because of lack of time and long lines but I did get the new plates. I used a different screw head for each bolt. I put all 4 in too. It will take a little longer to pull them this time.