Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dehnicke90

Mille Lacs on Friday

24 posts in this topic

Going out on Friday to Mille Lacs for the first time this year, I know the tourney is this weekend so spots will not be disclosed, but any idea on how the fishing has been?

Thanks going out with a buddy and Luke R. Even if it is slow am looking forward to it.

Most of the reports I've heard have been slow as well. But there's a few that have been doing very well. My bet would be that Luke will put you on some fish. Getting them to eat is always another story.

Aaron

Yeah- everytime i have been fishing with him we got on fish, just hope they are eating!!!

Waiting on my friends in Isle to download some muskie pics. Their reports have been very good with their boat best at 51.5 thus far. We agree that it's not how much you go but when you go and they have hit the major feeding windows and have had multiple fish days.

Just got a call from the boys and eagerbeaver slooooooooooow is right, they boated 2 nice fish this morning working a topwater really really slow, strikes were just a light grab on top.

It's kinda funny, look at the forecast for the tournament weekend on the big pond, cold front swinging in tomorrow!

Put a nickel on Hammernick and Billy again ! Wonder if their wives like the week stay at the Cass lake resort and I wonder how cheap I could buy the abu 6500 on the fig rig rod from em ?

I'm hoping they don't win it this year. Counting on others to step up that have not given up on the lake.

Pretty windy this week for pre-fishing.

He doesn't need to prefish much. Nice to see someone else win it but don't count him out.

I know, he is a good fisherman on Mille Lacs. Just hoping to see others have success over him.

I think it was 2 years ago, and a nasty cold front rolled in the night before the tourney on ML. I was out the night before the tourney fishing for fun and there were fish everywhere, the next day was another story for myself - but ended up smallie fishing with the wife for the rest of the day.

If I remember right, I think Hammernick got 4 or 5 that year burning rabbids up in the shallows. Its not fair with him out there.

Just kidding really but it's not fair T-Woods keeps entering golf tournaments. Someone go take that title away from "the hammer".

Dogger- if you're talking about the time when Hamernick and Buechner (sp?) won it on Mille Lacs (and in Big Blades, Big Fish), they were using DCG's, and the year before that I think it was rabid, I could be wrong though.

Actually Quack that year I was fishing pretty close to them on the NE sand (I had been out early and the tourney boats descended on me!). I watched them catch three of their fish in about 30 minutes - all on showgirls - burning like crazy

Actually Quack that year I was fishing pretty close to them on the NE sand (I had been out early and the tourney boats descended on me!). I watched them catch three of their fish in about 30 minutes - all on showgirls - burning like crazy

Yep, Double Showgirls were their baits. No way anyone could burn Cowgirls like they were burning those baits...at least not for any length of time if one wants to be able to cast again any time soon.

Aaron

Guess the "DCG's" I was speaking of appeared big on tv..if they were saying they're using double showgirls, well time for captions for some deaf musky fishermens!

I think a few or most were caught on double showgirls, and one or two were caught on junior DCG.

No i think all were the double showgirls, because i don't think the juniors were out at that point, unless they had some prototypes which is very possible with brad hoppe in the boat.

I don't know for sure. Those guys had been using cowgirls for a few years before they were available to the public, like most lures that are made. If you watch the video they say they switched to a 3/8 oz., and that's what a junior DCG is. It could, however, be a 3/8 oz. weight on a double showgirl, but the blades even look bigger during the fight on a couple of the fish. Not saying I'm right or anyone is wrong here, but just my opinion.

Yep, all DSG's of various weights. And in regards to speed, I'd think it would be pretty simple with the saltwater reels we have 2-3 years later...

They were weighting them heavier in order to keep them down and burn them at the higher speeds.

Aaron