• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs on Friday

Most of the reports I've heard have been slow as well. But there's a few that have been doing very well. My bet would be that Luke will put you on some fish. Getting them to eat is always another story.

Aaron

Waiting on my friends in Isle to download some muskie pics. Their reports have been very good with their boat best at 51.5 thus far. We agree that it's not how much you go but when you go and they have hit the major feeding windows and have had multiple fish days.

I think it was 2 years ago, and a nasty cold front rolled in the night before the tourney on ML. I was out the night before the tourney fishing for fun and there were fish everywhere, the next day was another story for myself - but ended up smallie fishing with the wife for the rest of the day.

If I remember right, I think Hammernick got 4 or 5 that year burning rabbids up in the shallows. Its not fair with him out there.

Actually Quack that year I was fishing pretty close to them on the NE sand (I had been out early and the tourney boats descended on me!). I watched them catch three of their fish in about 30 minutes - all on showgirls - burning like crazy

Actually Quack that year I was fishing pretty close to them on the NE sand (I had been out early and the tourney boats descended on me!). I watched them catch three of their fish in about 30 minutes - all on showgirls - burning like crazy

Yep, Double Showgirls were their baits. No way anyone could burn Cowgirls like they were burning those baits...at least not for any length of time if one wants to be able to cast again any time soon.

Aaron

I don't know for sure. Those guys had been using cowgirls for a few years before they were available to the public, like most lures that are made. If you watch the video they say they switched to a 3/8 oz., and that's what a junior DCG is. It could, however, be a 3/8 oz. weight on a double showgirl, but the blades even look bigger during the fight on a couple of the fish. Not saying I'm right or anyone is wrong here, but just my opinion.