Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chode2235

ICAST

6 posts in this topic

No thread for ICAST? I can't be the only one who loves to see the new products and stuff that comes out of ICAST!

Quote:
The International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades, better known as ICAST, is the world’s largest sportfishing trade show. The show, being held at the Orange County Convention Center, July 15–17, is the cornerstone of the sportfishing industry, helping to drive sportfishing companies’ product sales year round. From buyers to media to exhibitors, ICAST annually attracts 7,000 members of the international sportfishing community to the Convention Center.

Already the new Lowrance stuff seems to be pretty sweet.

Will we see more application specific rods?

Will the big swimbait craze continue unabated?

What kind of staying power does kayak fishing have, and are manufactures responding?

What amazing and expensive stuff will be brought stateside from Japan?

What are you all looking forward to seeing?

I guess Lakemaster is releasing Hummingbird chips in 2010.

That would be sweet if it finally happens. LakeMaster has been after Humminbird for years to use LM data in their units.

YES! I've held off getting a new unit waiting for this. I hope it is true smile

Where did you get your info??

Best news I have read in a long time. Next year I will be running an SI unit.

Best news I have read in a long time. Next year I will be running an SI unit.

Me too!

Can't wait for the SportShow smile

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• i've never done the plastic thing. but i've taken Reb's advice on planting grass, in particular filling in spots and its turned out great. so this is going to really hurt to say this, but Reb really knows what he's talking about when it comes to his lawn. i've also seen pictures.
    •   Right next to the river, no less.  Isn't anyone from the EPA concerned about this?    
    • The "if you were watching the story" was referring to the actions of VW.   Your link about mercedes was full of weasel words and little actual hard information.     And from the link you posted...   Seems like no evidence they did anything wrong has surfaced yet.   Maybe, maybe not.   So, what facts are you referring to?   And are you disputing the stuff about BMW and VW as well?     Oh, and from wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal    
    • Repairs and fixes for 2.0-liter Volkswagen and Audi TDI models:   There are three generations of the 2.0-liter turbo-diesel four-cylinder, and all will require different fixes (from simple software updates to complete, and potentially performance-crippling, hardware retrofits). As of January 6, 2017, Volkswagen announced a complete fix for 2015 TDI models with the third-generation engine. This will involve installing a second NOx sensor and a new or replacement diesel-oxidation catalyst. In March 2017, VW received approval to sell these cars, of which there are approximately 12,000 new and 67,000 used. On May 19, 2017, VW received approval to repair 2012–2014 Passat TDI models. A total of 84,391 cars are included, except those with manual transmissions; CARB said VW had not shown sufficient evidence that they will be made compliant. VW is awaiting approval to resell these vehicles as used cars. Buybacks and compensation for 3.0-liter Volkswagen and Audi TDI and Porsche diesel models:

As of December 21, 2016, Volkswagen reached a second settlement with the roughly 78,000 owners and lessees of 3.0-liter diesel models. In late January 2017, Volkswagen announced a $1.2 billion program that differs substantially from the $10 billion program for 2.0-liter diesel models. Judge Breyer approved the final settlement amount on May 11, 2017. Currently, only owners of 2009–2012 Audi Q7 and Volkswagen Touareg models with the Generation 1 engine are eligible for buybacks between $24,755 to $57,157. This is because Volkswagen cannot repair them to be emissions compliant. Generation 1 lessees of 2012 vehicles can receive between $5001 and $6615 for terminating their leases early. Generation 1 owners who do not sell their cars back to Volkswagen can receive $7755 to $13,880. For complete details, see the court’s handy executive summary. For Generation 2 models between 2013–2016, Volkswagen will offer cash compensation ranging from $7039 to $16,114; if the recall isn’t made “timely available,” the automaker will buy them back for prices between $43,153 to $99,862 and extend any warranties that might expire until the recall is ready. Generation 2 lessees can receive between $5677 and $12,492 for terminating their leases early. If lessees decide to keep their cars and perform the fix, they each receive a flat $2000. In all cases with Generation 2 cars, owners and lessees can opt to receive half of the cash payments up front and the other half once the vehicle is repaired. Generation 2 owners and lessees are also eligible to receive up to $1500 each as part of a separate $327.5 million settlement with Bosch, the supplier of the emissions software. Details are available here. These prices have been set using NADA Used Car Guide Clean Retail values as of November 2015 and adjusted for options, mileage, and the region the vehicle was registered in as of that month. The 2016 diesel models will be repurchased at 12.9 percent above prices for equivalent 2015 models. Owners and lessees will also be reimbursed for state and local taxes. The registration deadline is December 31, 2019. Owners and lessees will get the same payment (adjusted for mileage) regardless of when they register. Repairs and fixes for 3.0-liter Volkswagen and Audi TDI and Porsche diesel models:   There are two versions of the 3.0-liter turbo-diesel V-6 that require different modifications. The Generation 1 engines in the 2009–2012 Audi Q7 and Volkswagen Touareg cannot be made fully compliant with EPA regulations. Generation 2 engines in 2013–2016 models can be fixed under a formal recall that must be approved by the EPA and CARB no later than December 20, 2017, or else Volkswagen must pay owners an additional penalty. On those 58,000 models, Audi said on November 23, 2015, that it would update the software and “resubmit” its emissions applications after the EPA found undocumented “auxiliary emission control devices” that were allowing excessive levels of NOx.
    • I would guess it is going to create more pollution rounding up, transporting, scrapping and reclaiming those cars than the excess they would have emitted in their lifespan vs the cars that replace them. 
    • So, first you tell me " if you were watching the story closely" then when I posted a link supporting what I said to be fact, your response was that your memory is bad and you were making a hypothesis. Classic. 
    • they will all probably end up scrapped then. you can probably expect the junkyards to soon be filled with Volkswagens that will be missing the ECU, DPF, and have holes in their engines.   cash for clunkers 2.0?
    •     This is very earth friendly, and good tree huggers and bureaucrats everywhere love it...
    • I would like to get some recipes to inject a turkey breast, and appx. how long does it take to smoke it? And whats a good wood to use ?
    • Could be that others cheated also.   I was relying on memory about the BMW connection and hypothesized that Mercedes would also have been a possibility.   I did say "maybe mercedes".     In any case, VW cheated on emissions for many years with the assent of the highest levels of management.     Apparently making a small diesel that runs ok and doesn't make too much pollution at an acceptable cost is really hard.
  • Our Sponsors