Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

color of camo for mule deer hunting

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I am going out mule deer hunting in N.D. and was wondering what is the best color of camo? I was looking at open country??? Any of advice would be great!! thanks

open country or king desert shadow would be my top 2 choices but anything with a lighter pattern would be fine. I have used seclusion camo in wyoming which worked by could have been better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• O.T.C. - Have whoever hunts there every year go to court and obtain a harassment restraining order against the guy. It's clearly harassing behavior, and the court will probably issue the order. Given the fact that he is shooting onto your land while hunters are sitting out there in the trees, you might be able to obtain an order for protection against him. If he violates the OFP, the cops can arrest him. This might be the best way to get law enforcement involved. The judge has the power to fashion the order so he can do his target shooting outside the deer hunting season. The judge can even order that the guy not possess firearms.
    • Always been a spring bobber guy but did fish last year with a noodle style rod and was impressed.  Recommendations for $50 and under?
    • They are fricken scared to death. Obama's a troll, Hillary is a got dam assassin. She has 25 yrs of pent up grudges........and it's payback time.
    • Can you actually read anything and parse out content on your own or are you lmited to  getting all your information from chain emails?  At times it looks like you are actually trying and then you throw out a gem like this.
    • This is getting us back on Hillary being crooked.
    • How is a post about a Republicans view on media bias against Trump getting us back on the subject of Hillary Clinton being crooked?         
    • I personally would like to see a one deer per hunter per year policy. No party hunting. You kill one = your done. State wide. Each hunter gets a "deer license" similar to how they do it in the western states. Archery season starts in September and runs through the ends of October. Then a 1-week break. Followed by a 2 week rifle season, a 2-week break, and finishing up with a 2-week muzzle loader season in December. Your "deer" tag gets you into all 3-seasons. But you only get 1-deer.    The reason your idea won't work was stated, by you, earlier. You want to hold out for a 3.5year old buck, but you are willing to shoot a 2.5year old with your bow. You can't have it both ways. Kill him young and he won't get old.    MN has multiple problems. And one of the biggest is the "I get to" "I want to" mentality if it's hunters. I want to shoot the biggest deer of my life every year. And I should get to shoot two of them. This isn't reality TV or a hunting show.     
    • yep... Gay Johnson's health care plan:     Free dope for everyone, brah !!
  • Our Sponsors