Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ralph Wiggum

Can your hunting dog do this?

20 posts in this topic

Nope, my vizsla can't do that. I can't put a saddle on him and ride him around the yard either. Pretty soon you might be able to use your dog as your tow vehicle to get your boat to the lake.

Pretty soon you might be able to use your dog as your tow vehicle to get your boat to the lake.

Funny you should mention that. He's got a weight-pulling harness smile

So how tall is he when he stands on 2 feet? grin

Well, I am 6'2" and if he puts his paws on my shoulders and stretches out, he's probably between 6'6" and 7'. Gentle as can be, though. Our nieces and nephew crawl all over him.

Seems like the bigger the dog the more laid back and gentle they are. They seem to know that they don't have anything to prove.

The little dogs on the other hand, it seems like they all have some sort of insecurities about their size so they try to make up for by acting all tough.

Seems like the bigger the dog the more laid back and gentle they are. They seem to know that they don't have anything to prove.

The little dogs on the other hand, it seems like they all have some sort of insecurities about their size so they try to make up for by acting all tough.

How true. My bro-in-law's Yorkie tries to push Floyd around all the time.

"Floyd" What a perfect name for your Dog!

that, Scooby, Seabiscut, or Kong grinlaugh

That is one big dude!

Off topic... Ryan, you have the same bathroom tile I have in my bathroom. Its nice, isn't it? wink

Off topic... Ryan, you have the same bathroom tile I have in my bathroom. Its nice, isn't it? wink

Yeah, we love it crazy 1964 vintage smile

Seems to apply to male humans as well.....

Originally Posted By: hanson

Yeah, we love it crazy 1964 vintage smile

64? Wow you got the high tech stuff! Mine is 1959 two toned just like yours - brown & tan/peach.

How is the Dane in the house? Is he easy to control on walks and such?

Just curious because we have thought about getting one.

Thanks!

Everybody else's hunting dog could probably do it out of a different fixture. laughgrinwink

Everybody else's hunting dog could probably do it out of a different fixture. laughgrinwink

LOL, he does that, too smile I'll take the sink over the toilet any day!

How is the Dane in the house? Is he easy to control on walks and such?

Just curious because we have thought about getting one.

Thanks!

He's pretty laid back around the house. And he does very well on walks--my wife is 5' and has no probs with him. Of course, with a dog this size, proper training and socialization are critical.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions about the breed: ryan (dot) bielat (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks. We are going to wait until the cat passes (she's 14) to get another dog (we currently have a lab) but I will take you up on that when the time comes!