• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Namakagon River Fishing Reports

A group of us are looking at doing a camping/fishing trip down the Namakagon. Have done day trips on other rivers, but have never really paid much attention how far I have gone. Any recommendations on what stretch of the river to fish and where to stop along the way. We are doing two nights of camping and then out on the 3rd day. I've looked at the map and see there are camping sites all along. One thought was to put in at County Road K, and camp near Whispering Pines or Howell Landing the first night, then McDowell the 2nd night and float down and pull out at Namakagon Trail. We'll be fishing fairly hard and was just wondering if this sounded do-able or if anyone had other ideas or rule of thumb for distance traveled in a day. Thanks for your help

I think that distance is a little light for 3 days on the river. It would be pretty easy to get to Riverside or beyond in that time.

Here is a link to some river maps to check out. http://www.nps.gov/sacn/planyourvisit/maps.htm

You might want to give Pappy's or Pardun Canoe Rental a call to get their input on floats.

I think that distance is a little light for 3 days on the river. It would be pretty easy to get to Riverside or beyond in that time.

I think you're right. Could put in at Jack's (715-635-3300) at the head of the flowage and spend some time fishing that. Then portage the dam and head down. I think you can leave vehicles at Jacks too and just down the road from there is the Namekagon Information and Visitor Center.