• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am curious if anyone ever fishes Lake Hayward? We just purchased a townhouse on Lake Hayward and I am trying to figure out if the lake is worth fishing or if I should keep my boat on the trailer. I appreciate any feedback I can get.

Thanks

Dan

We did fish it a couple times last year without any muskie contact. However, I have heard some good things so if you can figure out the lake I think it'd be worth you while. Our cabin is on Nelson so I don't have a choice but to trailer so if I had a choice to learn the water off my deck I sure would give it a good college try.

It's got everything in it, bass, bluegills, crappies, perch, northerns, walleyes, muskies so it's definitely worth fishing. What I'd do if I were you is get a small inexpensive boat to leave on the lake since it's smaller and doesn't get that rough and use the other boat to hit the more popular area lakes. Kind of an ideal situation if you ask me.

I appreciate the insights on Lake Hayward, I will definitley give it a shot. We are planning to buy a boat after the season (hoping to save some $$)that we will leave docked. I have fished the Chip off and on for many years (first time as a kid in the 60's) and look forward to being able to fish it with some regularity. Thanks again, Dan

the bite has been reel good on lake hayward this spring. walleyes are headed back to the lake from spawn and the crappies are starting to move into the shallows. minnows under slipbobbers for crappies and #11 rapalas have been good for eyes.