Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newmember

anyone fish white water area lately?

5 posts in this topic

I'm planning on going down there sometime in the next two weeks and am wondering if anyone has fished the creeks down there lately? i dont know the names of the creeks, but i usually hit up one in i believe Elba, MN. this will be my first time back in about 8 yrs. are these creeks okay to wade? can i fly fish? back then i used wax worms and/or regular worms, but trying to get into something else now days. Thanks!

The streams in the whitewater area are all in good shape and for the most part are only accessible by wading. Fly fishing is allowed everywhere in SE MN. Very few hatches this time of the year except maybe some tricos, so bring nymphs and some terrestrials.

thanks for the reply! for the terrestrials, what would you recommend? hoppers? ants?

I was down there 2 weeks ago, fishing was pretty slow (flyfishing). Had to switch to powerbaits (rainbow color), It worked pretty good.

Not too many hoppers around yet. I would try crickets, beetles, and ant imitations.