• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sporting Clays Question...

I am looking to shoot some sporting clays a few times in the next couple of months and had to give up my membership at the local gun club ($$$ and time issues). Which means, no membership = no shoot.

So I am wondering if any of you know of any "open" clay shoots (nonmember) around the metro/north metro. I will travel, but I dont want to go more than a couple hours.

I have read a lot about the "Horse and Hunt Club". I beleave they have open shooting available. Anyone shoot there? @ $0.20 a shot shooting the O/U is about the only thing I can afford to shoot, not to mention find rounds for.

Any Ideas help guys.

Forest Lake gun club has 2 good walk through courses, Cambridge sportsmans club has one, or metro gun club has a five stand stationary course. Let me Know i'm allways intrested in missing some targets. Me and sporting clays = pull,bang,loss

Thanks for the replies guys.

Looks like I have some more research to do. I will let you guys know what I find out. If anyone else finds or hears about anything let the rest of us know.

Season is getting closer everyday, Doves in a month and a half, and Grouse just a couple weeks after that. Time to get the hands and eyes back in shape.

I have been to H&H club a few times this year. They have plenty of open shooting, there is a calender of events on thier web site, but i like to call and make sure befor i drive out there. The price has gone up to $23 dollars for a round for a non-member I'm pretty sure.

Forest Lake Sportsmans Club, Horse and Hunt Club, and Wild Marsh sporting clays are all nice public courses. If you hit up Wild Marsh, bring a buddy because they don't have pullers. I was lucky enough to slip in with a group of guys when I was there last month. It's a real nice facility.