• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Millipedes?

Thunderman

Hey guys I have a problem with thousands and more of millipedes has anyone ever had this problem? They are a nuisance and are on the move in the night time they get all over everything some get in the house.Just wondering if anybody has had to deal with them before and what to use to kill them Thanks Todd

Never heard of that before, but I guess being that you're out in New York you'd have different problems than us. We use TalStar for our insect applications, I checked the label and it does say that it kills millipedes. It's safe to spray on pretty much anything, too.

Some insect applications we cannot use here in NY crazy. I just read a good artical from ohio state university and it says that the insectiside name Sevin (concentrate) will do the job.I have applicated it around the the outside of my home lets see how good it works.I have tried straight amonia,bleach,viniger and they just keep going these millipedes are a crustation of some sort hopefully this Sevin will do it.

Are they millipedes or centipedes? Centipedes have long legs and millipedes have short legs. I've never heard of anyone having much of a millipede problem. We get our share of centipedes in the basement, but not too many that I can't squish them with a shoe.

Millipede

millipede.jpg

Centipede

House_centipede.jpg

They are millipedes and just picture them by the thousands shocked when you step on them its like walking on egg shells.If I new how to post pics I would take some pictures of the PILES of them.They are migrateing to there winter grounds right now.

I ahd a horrible problem with them last year in my new building. They came in everywhere! Never seen anything like that in my whole life. I used Tempo around the perimeter of the building inside and out. Tempo smokes em! I swear that I wouldve had a gallon of them each time I blew out my building (45 X 66) had I chosen to collect them.

Any farm chemical coop should have Tempo. It works great for the asian beetles also. Its expensive, like $39 for a pint, but it only takes a tablespoon or so to a 3 gallon pump sprayer.

I sprayed the concrete inside and outside of my building for the millipedes, and I spray around the windows, doors, foundation of my house for any insect, but mainly for the asian beetles. Stops them dead in their tracks when they walk thru the dried spray and they fall to the side of the house.