• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Food to Snack on in the boat?

Cobber

Hey FM'ers, Planning out a trip with a couple buddies up to Zippel Bay State Park and trying to keep the load down so planning out all foods and meals and such. I'm having a hard time thinking of things to bring to much on in the boat...

what are some of your favorites when you're out on the water??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoked oysters and triscuts, they're just so good once they hit your lips! Also, beer. I've tried not having anything with me, and it just gets to be too much if I'm doing an all day trip. I can't get up at 4 and not eat anything until night.

Superstitious charter captains don't allow bananas on their boats, they say they bring bad luck laugh

I'm not superstitious though and frequently bring bananas along. Jerky or beef sticks too. And sandwiches --- a lot of times I'll get a sub on the way to the lake and save it until I get hungry.

The perfect food for fishing is powdered donuts.

Just think of all those fish you are handling, maybe you catch a northern and get some slime on you, maybe you're needing to mess with the engine now you might have a little grease on you, maybe some gas. Maybe you sprayed some bug spray or put on sun block, all of that stuff leads to having some pretty funky fingers that you may not want touching your food.

The answer is the powdered donut. When you pick up a powdered donut you will notice that you are left with the powder coating stuck to your fingers creating the perfect barrier from all of that funky fish grime.

You haven't lived until feasting on powdered donuts and beer while pulling in a limit of walleye.

Smoked muskie and a bass sandwich! Ok, seriously no bananas or fish food products. Beef jerky, doritos or cheetos, little debbies, and lots of water and diet dew (to combat the little debs and chips). A lot of the time its just water. Too many fish to catch to bother eating.

Hey those gummie worms work for bait also, Panfish eat them up. As said before JERKY and sandwiches, I buy a pack of cheese slices and lunch meat and squeeseable mayo and loaf of bread. Good to go all day. Drink lots of water, and not out of the lake.

Beef or venison sticks, Snickers miniatures and beer or 'Dew depending on the time of day.

Never could understand how a boat owner could alow sunflower seeds on board. Those #&%! hulls are the WORST thing to try and clean out of a boat and any hulls that are missed attract mice during storage.