Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OutlawTorn

Gooseberry Falls

11 posts in this topic

I went to Gooseberry Falls, a prominent tourist attraction along the North Shore of Lake Superior, over the 4th of July. My in-laws were staying with us and due to a bad a hip, my FIL couldnt make it to see all the falls - we made due at the main falls.

The ones we did see were filled with tourists but I managed to PP the people out of a few of these pics with decent results.

584671672_tnkMV-M-1.jpg

584671662_DTeFt-M-1.jpg

584671659_i3skt-M-1.jpg

586443278_KoSce-M-1.jpg

Hope you liked them!

I was there a month or so ago, I love that place, it's beautiful and you captured it very well. Thanks for sharing.

From what I see you did a good job removing people.

Nice images, OT. Thanks for sharing them with us. Man, that water is low. Of course, I think Duluth and the shore are in the process of getting pounded with rain right now, so maybe the falls will be roaring by this time tomorrow. smilesmile

Nice images, OT. Thanks for sharing them with us. Man, that water is low. Of course, I think Duluth and the shore are in the process of getting pounded with rain right now, so maybe the falls will be roaring by this time tomorrow. smilesmile

It certainly is low - we've been in near drought conditions for a while now. Id love to go to this spot during the spring, when its still cold and the river is raging.

The storms last night were nice, but I was disappointed by another weak performance by the thunder/lightning. I cant wait to lay in bed listening to a storm so loud you can hardly sleep...we never got one of those last year and this year isnt looking good yet!

Well if they need some water, I am sure we can spare a few thousand gallons from the Red River now. We just got 5 inches of rain in a few hours in the souththern RRV and it is heading north as we speak.

Very nice. The tourists are always in the way at those spots. You did a very nice job of getting them out the way. smile

I was just there with the family last weekend. Awesome place but on a Sunday? I was amazed with the crowds. Not a negative thing, just lots of people enjoying the same thing.