Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoot2Kill

adding a casting platform

6 posts in this topic

Hello all..

I'd like to modify my boat to be a little more fisherman friendly. I bought it a month or so ago - 16' Lund with a flat floor from bow to stern, 3 pedestal seats. Before next season I'd like to add a casting platform up front. I'm pretty handy usually but am looking for advice.

What do you use to anchor to the side of the boat to secure the floor to? I've looked at platforms on other boats so I have an idea but where do you get something like that? (hard to describe - like a 90 degree strip of heavy duty aluminum or similar that runs the length of the platform that anchors to the side of the boat and then the floor anchors on top.) Clear as mud?

Also...with the boat out of the water, how do you know where to place the platfrom in relation to how the boat will be in the water so the platform is flat? Put the boat in the water and mark where the floor would be level??

Thanks!

yeah get some 90 degree and rivit it to the side of the boat ususally the boat will sit level in the water so just level it with the boat.. heres what i did i used 6" peices of angle aluminum rivited to the side of the boat then screwed 3/4" plywood to it..

HPIM0506.jpg

Does it have to be rivets? I don't have a rivet gun. What kind of places can you buy the angle aluminum?

it doesnt have to be rivits it can be bolts with lock nuts or cheap pop rivits.. any metal shop should have it you could use steel or iorn but that would rust and look bad..

I just gutted my 16' sylvan had to replace the Transome. I used 18g Galvenized steel studs and riveted it into the ribs of the boat coverd in 5/8th ply with carpet Solid as a rock

fasten to ribs and seat, I use 2 bys for framing front decks using sheet metal screws to screw them into the ribs and seats, its long lasting and strudy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Reddit I believe   https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5i63d1/40_electoral_college_members_demand_briefing_on/db5or6d/?st=iy9h32qk&sh=3f2619dd  
    • Hillary and DWS didn't commit any crimes as difficult as that is to believe. Sketchy politics certainly, but what happens within a political party has no legal ramifications. The FBI already cleared Clinton of wrongdoing with regards to the email.   Flynn and other members of Trump's team are likely in violation of the Logan Act.
    • Well, if that happens then let the chips fall but do you think they will be arresting Hillary and DWS at the same time? If so it would be a good start.
    • I would wager the FBI arresting members of Trump's team, likely starting with Michael Flynn. Flynn made 5 phone calls to a Russian Ambassador on the day Obama imposed sanctions. Trump's team defended the 5 calls by stating Flynn was just wishing him Merry Christmas, which is odd because it was December 29th.   http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-eyes-michael-flynns-links-to-russia-1485134942    
    • Nick, so what are the top schemes the left plans to conjure up for impeachment?
    • Go Pats. They need one for the thumb.
    • And I am sure it will be a waste of server space You do understand that you just defined the meaning of the word conjecture don't you?     But there is conjecture so you have that  The only thing odd is that you are falling for the same type of fake news the Birthers fell for during the Obama years. Don't you understand you are quickly becoming the JV of libertopia?    Well, If you feel compelled then go ahead and forward your research to the proper authorities so they have a better chance at putting together the evidence to prosecute him because apparently without your insight they are not able to connect the proverbial dots. 
    • The dnc had russian propaganda that the russians hacked and released? Guess they provided the transparency the left is always so concerned about.
    • It's just a compilation of sources done on a public google drive. Pasting makes it searchable on this site.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzLcl2gcA6O_SWN3WWM4WTlMZ2M/view
    • This warm front might help out
  • Our Sponsors