• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

adding a casting platform

Shoot2Kill

Hello all..

I'd like to modify my boat to be a little more fisherman friendly. I bought it a month or so ago - 16' Lund with a flat floor from bow to stern, 3 pedestal seats. Before next season I'd like to add a casting platform up front. I'm pretty handy usually but am looking for advice.

What do you use to anchor to the side of the boat to secure the floor to? I've looked at platforms on other boats so I have an idea but where do you get something like that? (hard to describe - like a 90 degree strip of heavy duty aluminum or similar that runs the length of the platform that anchors to the side of the boat and then the floor anchors on top.) Clear as mud?

Also...with the boat out of the water, how do you know where to place the platfrom in relation to how the boat will be in the water so the platform is flat? Put the boat in the water and mark where the floor would be level??

Thanks!

yeah get some 90 degree and rivit it to the side of the boat ususally the boat will sit level in the water so just level it with the boat.. heres what i did i used 6" peices of angle aluminum rivited to the side of the boat then screwed 3/4" plywood to it..

HPIM0506.jpg