• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Dealers

Seabass77

Question

I'm curious of everyones thoughts/experiences with local boat dealers. I am particularly curious about Rapid, Hannay's, Nelson, and Crystal - Pierz. Was your experience good or bad? How was the service? Would you go back? What about their prices? Any help is appreciated.

7 answers to this question

I bought a Lund 1700 Angler from Crystal-Pierz marine this summer. It was kinda strange, as I live in Michigan, and basically bought the boat in abstentia. I was very pleased with the price, service,and their willingness to deal across state lines. I would definitely buy another boat from them!

------------------
Wables

I've purchased three boats (2 new, 1 used) from Rapid in the last six or seven years. You will get some of the best pricing you will find from them but that shouldn't be your only concern. On my most recent purchase, the rigging of the main outboard was done in a less than satisfactory manner. I had it corrected elsewhere. I've also found their service department to be disappointing at times. Don't rule them out, but if you buy from them, go over the rig with a fine tooth comb when you take delivery.

[This message has been edited by Wave Runner (edited 11-27-2002).]

I use Crystal-Pierz Marine also. I use the St. Cloud location and the service is the BEST. Customer service is very important to me when making a big purchase like a boat and they are tops in my book. Scott Steil