Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seabass77

Boat Dealers

8 posts in this topic

I'm curious of everyones thoughts/experiences with local boat dealers. I am particularly curious about Rapid, Hannay's, Nelson, and Crystal - Pierz. Was your experience good or bad? How was the service? Would you go back? What about their prices? Any help is appreciated.

I bought a Lund 1700 Angler from Crystal-Pierz marine this summer. It was kinda strange, as I live in Michigan, and basically bought the boat in abstentia. I was very pleased with the price, service,and their willingness to deal across state lines. I would definitely buy another boat from them!

------------------
Wables

I do a lot of business with them, Crystal - Pierz would be my choice, especially for service.

I've purchased three boats (2 new, 1 used) from Rapid in the last six or seven years. You will get some of the best pricing you will find from them but that shouldn't be your only concern. On my most recent purchase, the rigging of the main outboard was done in a less than satisfactory manner. I had it corrected elsewhere. I've also found their service department to be disappointing at times. Don't rule them out, but if you buy from them, go over the rig with a fine tooth comb when you take delivery.

[This message has been edited by Wave Runner (edited 11-27-2002).]

I use Crystal-Pierz Marine also. I use the St. Cloud location and the service is the BEST. Customer service is very important to me when making a big purchase like a boat and they are tops in my book. Scott Steil

Crystal-Pierz Has good prices. just hope you don't have a problem with your boat the service after the sale isn't very good.

I also bought a boat from Crystal-Pierz Marine, The customer service was excellent. However, I did feel the service after the sale was marginal. I'm split about 50/50 right now whether I would buy another one from them.

Good Luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   Del be fightin' with himself again. He likes that. 
    • I now boys fight Nice!!
    • Its a great house. Yep its heavy, yep the cover is bulky compared to a single layer, yep I'd buy it again. You can always pull down a zipper or 2 (front and back doors) if you get hot. For what its worth I switched from a Clam Yukon TC (normal sides with a insulated top) both are a similar size. On below zero days in the clam I would have to use a big buddy. In the otter I use a buddy and rarely turn it on high.
    • Ya, right. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   From a car audio site....MOTORHEADS talkin'...   FlyinMiata9,
      A shorter antenna mast captures a smaller portion of a radio broadcast station's travelling radio wave. That results in reduced radio reception capability. The reduced radio reception capability may never be noticed if only listening to nearby radio broadcast stations in the city. 

There's no overall magic of one short antenna over another. There are some that include a signal amplifier. They can at times enhance more distant radio receptions, but usually degrade other radio reception situations, often those where there are multiple strong radio signals in the reception area.

The overall disadvantages of antenna amplifiers for car antennas tend to be far more predominant than advantages. There are some radio signal amplifiers for car antennas that automatically switch "off" when operated in a strong signal area. That can assist clearly listening to the nearby strong radio stations, but reduce the prospect of listening to any some distance away.

There's always a prospect of the antenna you installed being defective, or not installed properly well mounted to the car's fender for a good electrical radio reception ground plane. Check to make sure the in-line Motorola connector set is fully pushed-in inserted together. 

A simple way to test the antenna line and system is to tune in a weak AM radio station in the daytime and then grab hold of the antenna mast to detect stronger and louder reception of that weak AM radio station. Your conductive body mass adds some to the short antenna's reception capability. There may also be an initial "thump" sound as the car's radio makes an automatic adjustment of its radio reception sensitivity. If there's no dramatic change in weak AM radio reception, look for an open or shorted electrical problem. Best bet is a full length proper antenna.
    • The replacements most likely have tuning components built in.  And it isn't too big a deal anyway if you have decent signal strength.
    •     What are ya, a parrot? Someone needs to tune you...with 220 volts of inductance. *ZZZZZT*  
    • Well you guys could have given me this info before.
    • Not in disagreement....most Ice gear is though.   Just trying to find some feed back on if it works well and lights up like it should. 
    • My boy Isaac with his PB(and family best) 1lb 4oz bluegill.
    • That is a hog! 
  • Our Sponsors