• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

thermaCell mosquito repellent

I have never used one but have heard nothing but great things about them. One guy even said he would bear hunt naked because the thing works so good. I picked one up last weekend on sale and plan to try it out in a couple months.

I purchased one last year for fishing at night. Now my wife uses it to read out on the deck in the mornings while I am out fishing, she loves it. I am going to need to get a second one for me in the boat.

cool,i guess i will be buying one then.i saw ted nugent was using one on one of his shows and said they work great.i was in the woods yesterday scouting bear sign and the bugs were terrible,but i saw a some nice bear tracks along with some real small tracks so hopefully there is more than just a sow and cubs hanging around.

I have one that I use for turkey hunting. The main thing that will render it useless is a breeze. Walking through the woods I have to question how effective it will be due to the vapor/ chemical will be nothing more than a trail behind you.

Overall, they're absolutely great as long as you're not mobile.

I have one that I use for turkey hunting. The main thing that will render it useless is a breeze. Walking through the woods I have to question how effective it will be due to the vapor/ chemical will be nothing more than a trail behind you.

Overall, they're absolutely great as long as you're not mobile.

Agree I too find it works great,untill it is windy,and takes a little time before it starts working

I just got one for Fathers Day and I tell the thing works great. Went trout fishing... just drifting/trolling in the canoe and the skeeters would come in and and fly off. I had a lot more bites from the trout than the skeeters.. Highly recommend them but I haven't used it much.

I have heard many turkey hunters talk about how well they work also. Aren't they starting to come out with more items? I could swear that someone was telling me about a thermocell lantern recently...

I bought mine about 4 years ago. When I first got it a group of my friends and I were standing outside one evening. I brought it out and was showing it to them. They were all giving me a hard time about “another VooDoo mosquito cure” , and teasing me about wasting my money.

I started it up, and left it lay on the tailgate of the truck. After a half hour or so I asked if any one had noticed any mosquitoes, everyone said no but there probably wasn’t any out that night. Then I endured another round of sarcasm. (all in good fun). I reached over and shut it off without saying anything. Within 5 minutes we were being eaten alive. You couldn’t swat the little devils fast enough, and of course then it really started about how well this thing worked.

I just laughed and asked if any one would like me to turn it back on now.

The next day everyone in the group went out and bought one.

Aren't they starting to come out with more items? I could swear that someone was telling me about a thermocell lantern recently...

I saw the lantern when I picked up my thermacell. I might have to go and pick up one for the backyard. The skeeters are starting to get out of hand.