• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New swimbaits (updated w/ new pic)

What is your target? I know of a couple of Bass lakes those would work great on, as Sunfish are the primary forage base in those lakes.

But I am guessing that all 3 varieties of Esox we have here in MN would take interest in those as well....

they are a hard plastic from a mold i made target is bass. I will eventually do a crappie pattern on the same bait but i don't plan on a perch untill i make a mold for a perch shape bait.

I havent tested them on larger fish yet but i only have the 3 and can't really send any off to be tested like that right now but it is a possibility in the future i can get u a couple to test for me.

Thanks for the complements! Is there anything that you would change or add to make it better? Also if someone is interested in making swimbaits and need some help or have questions ill do my best to help

I love the action! I'm trying to make a swimbait that acts just like yours in fact!

My only thing I would change for ME is that I much prefer wooden lures with at least two trebles. Wood lures in general make hookups more difficult compared to soft plastics or bucktails or anything "collapsible", simply because wood is so firm, so I like multiple trebles on my wood lures. Of course that might ruin the action a bit having another treble trailing, so that might not work so well.

if you do a search for photo finish there are some good tutorials i think one is on TU as for the bait you could look up how to make molds because it is molded but i can't help much more than that. As for other types of fish if you want a different fish on the same body that can be done easily but if you want a different body style you will prolly have to wait untill next summer but my plan is about a 5in perch/ walleye body next. And just so everyone knows these swimbait type baits aren't cheap so adding them to your collection can start taking a bite from your wallet (trust me) just a fair warning.