• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

British Open

IFallsRon

The weather will always decide how an Open is played.

Tiger has never played an Open there.

He is playing with a 17 yr old Japanese kid who is likely to be ill-prepared for the rigours of links golf.

But...

Ain't no thang. Tiger sets new course record en route to 4th British Open Championship.

It's always hard to imagine Tiger not winning every major he tees it up in. I agree that the weather might be the biggest factor. Isn't Westwood in Tiger's group too? That is never a good thing for anyone. frown

It's gonna be sweet to watch Tiger hit stinger 2 irons and 3,5 woods all day long. Man I wish I could do that consistantly. The only stinger I can hit is the one that stings my hands!

Man, I would love to see Watson take this thing. He's genuine, low-key, shows some humility and is so totally living in the moment.

Of course, Turnberry isn't showing her teeth yet. As the Scots say of links courses: "nae wind, nae golf." Forecast for tomorrow is for NNW winds from 20-25mph all day with partly cloudy skies in the morning and rain developing in the afternoon. That'll make those birdies a bit tougher to come by.

It's supposed to stay rainy all weekend, though the forecast calls for winds to drop to 15-20mph. Still enough weather to offer a challenge.

Tiger's dug a big hole for himself. With the weather starting to whip up on the links and him 7 shots back, he'll have to put together some truly excellent rounds and hope for the field to fall back his way. If he can pull it off, it'll just be more evidence that he's the King of Golf.

I'm still pulling for Watson, though, probably because he's more from the era during which I was playing a lot of golf. Go Tommy! gringrin

The course played like a Muni course today without the wind...

If wind picks up - then you have to favor the "wind players".

Its great watson did well today and if it gets windy the next few days he could actually stay on top the leader board. I wouldnt count out Ben Curtis either...good wind player.

Didn't seem like the open today did it? It was strange watching the first round. The weather is supposed to pick up tonight and stay for the next few days. Now we'll get to see some creativity.

Tigers done and heading home!

As much as I want it to happen Tom Watson has no chance to win. I'll be suprised if he ends up in the top ten but I'll continue to hope/dream for the best.

Westwood is playing some the best golf of his life and was a pick of many to win the open.

Ben Curtis...grin 65-80

Golf is the toughest sport to play and predict.. Luv it!

Go Stenson and Zach Johnson!

Watson may not win. In fact, he probably won't. But I've been having a great time these last coupla days watching one of my childhood golf idols enjoy his time on top of the leader board. He knows how to respond to pressure and wind and links courses, but it's hard to know if his aging body (and new hip) will hold up. Odds are that they won't, but I don't care about the odds.

Go Tommy! gringringrin

Oh, and poor Tiger. Don't let the flagstick hit you on the way out. winkwink

Tiger hasn't played well on the tough courses or under tough weather conditions since his return. He has torn up the course in his two wins but those courses weren't exactly the most challenging.

OMG! Did I just say something negative about Tiger? Let the fanboys start bashing me.

I don't pull for Tiger for the same reason I never cheered for Jordan. They've got enough fans that I cheer for someone else. Great players both, but it's more fun pulling for the underdogs.

Koonie Bashing Tiger is like hatin on Mauer it's just not cool man so watch it pal!... grin

I'm retracting my statement that Watson has no chance to win. After all he is Tom Watson and of course he could win. I just think his putter will be over come by nerves and the reality of actually winning a Major at 59 years young!