• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Signs of a good night.

Scott K

Sometimes you get a little souvenir trying to land or in this case, release a fish. This one will leave a mark for a few days, so I will be using a glove the next few trips out. The other side of my fingers look the same way frown

2e51a17e.jpg

It only takes a few hundred of those to finally realize that gloves are your friend. laugh

It’s like banging your head against the wall over and over again.

Amen to that, Darren. I've got a few pair of gloves scattered around the boat now. I'm done having my hands taking a beating - I don't know who started that macho no gloves stuff but you can all call me names if you want but I'm done hurting myself. Brings to mind the famous John Wayne quote - "Life is tough but it is even tougher if you are stupid."

I've really only had a bad rash once and it was this year. That is enough to make me consider getting gloves. It wasn't so bad the night it happened; it was more annoying the many days it took to heal - and it took a while! I can only imagine what it would be like for some of you who get out more and might get a rash on top of your rash.

I will normally glove a big one for pictures, but this one was only about 25# and I was just grabbing her to set her back in the water. I too have several gloves in my boat, and if the heat of the moment doesn't get to me, I will put one on, but I was just going to lift it up and set her back in the water. I am sure it wont be the last time it happens to me.

It only takes a few hundred of those to finally realize that gloves are your friend. laugh

It’s like banging your head against the wall over and over again.

Agreed...thought it was a badge of honor for a while and then asked myself why I am deforming my hand and now I use a glove every time.

For those of us who only get to fish once a week, if that, those scrapes are great reminders during the long work week. Although I caught 2 flats on Saturday and neither one scratched me at all.

For those of us who only get to fish once a week, if that, those scrapes are great reminders during the long work week.

I hear that; once your hands heal during cat season you know its been too long since you wet a line.

Sometimes you get a little souvenir trying to land or in this case, release a fish. This one will leave a mark for a few days, so I will be using a glove the next few trips out. The other side of my fingers look the same way frown

2e51a17e.jpg

Signs of a good night.

I would say bring some lotion with next time. I am sure it will keep the chaffing down to a minimum. wink

If you did not want to show off the “rash” for a week, a little triple A and a anesthetic wipe will cure it up in a day or two. These should be in the first-aid kit wink Maybe a bandage over the area if you want. This is only if you want to clear it up in a day or two and not roll around work for a week showing it off like a new cell phone.

Other than than looks like it was a good night 4WE grin

What John failed to mention is that most of his scars are from things like, oh I don’t know, cooking steaks or just handling sharp objects in general.

Maybe you could use a glove during those cookouts John.

What John failed to mention is that most of his scars are from things like, oh I don’t know, cooking steaks or just handling sharp objects in general.

Maybe you could use a glove during those cookouts John.

hahahahaha laugh

Alright...so I have a problem with sharp objects and have had stiches 7 times in the last 10 years (none of those are fishing related)

When you are as experienced as I am with handling hundreds if not thousands of fish over 50 pounds every year......then you won't have to wear gloves either.

Oh wait, I haven't caught anything over 50 and only one over 40.......

Can you ship those pink gloves to my home address??