• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reel Repair

I have a Abu Garcia Big Game 7000i reel and the bolt that the handle attaches to that causes the motion of the reel is stripped. Does anyone know anyone local to replace this part on my reel without having to mail it in for $20 plus parts plus another $10 for return shipping?

Thanks

I had the same thing happen last year - give ABU a call or shoot an email and they'll give you the part # - if I can find it on mine I'll let you know. I think my total cost to have them send me two bolts was $9. I'll do a bit of digging and maybe will come up with a better helper for you.

The info below was shared with me last year and they immediately took care of an issue I had.

Originally Posted By: HugoBox
Not sure how, but some of the threads on the nut that holds the handle on one of my 7000's stripped. Originally I thought i bent the handle but figured out I got a bad nut...

I may try to find a fine thread one at a hardware store, but if I can't do any of you know who sells those parts. Not the best time of the year to send a reel off for service.

thanks - erik

If you're out of the warranty period and want to fix it yourself go to their HSOforum and look at the online diagrams for your particular reel and get the parts numbers. Then do as follows:

Thank you for contacting Pure Fishing concerning parts for your reel. In order to ensure that we are providing the correct parts for your exact reel, we must have the following information when you call.

• Reel Model Name (e.g. 5500C-3, M300, C100B)

• Reel Foot Number (this is like a serial number, stamped on the underside of the mounting foot)

• List and quantity of parts needed

• It is best to have your reel with you for additional information.

Once we have this information, we can determine if the parts you need are available and the cost involved. If you’d like additional information concerning these parts, wish to place an order or would prefer to contact your local authorized service center, please call us at (800) 228-4272 (M-F 7:30 A.M. –4:30 P.M. CST).

We accept Visa or MasterCard. If you do not have a credit card, you can send a check or money order for your reel parts. Please enclose a list of parts you are purchasing. After we receive your payment, we will send out the order.

Thank you for your loyalty to our reels. We will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Good Fishing,

Customer Service

P.S. If the parts are not available, we will offer you an accommodation price on a new reel with submission of your old reel.