Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Nice eye

12 posts in this topic

This was submitted to me to post the photo about Kris Kristufek's grandson's first walleye. The smile tells the whole story. If this is what one catches on a Lake Lady rod, I should have owned one years ago.

Kris is the owner of LakeLady rods and is a sponsor on Fishing Minnesota.

http://www.lakeladyrods.com/

IMG_0255-1.jpg

That's my 7 year old grandson, Benjamin caught his first walleye yesterday (7/9/09). It was caught off the dock at his parents cabin on a "un-named" Brainerd Lakes area lake early in the morning, while still wearing his PJ's. The monster walleye measured 29" long with a 17-1/2" girth weighing in at 11 pounds! The fish took the Gulp-Alive minnow and bobber combination hook-line-and sinker, the battle ensued until Benjamin's mom got the net and landed this beautiful fish. The fish is being mounted as it did not survive after all the excitement.

great fish, what a chub.

hopefully the mount does it justice.

And I think i've skipped worms under that dock wink

wow! beautiful fish! congrats to the young guy. i bet he is hooked for life now laugh

Awesome fish. 29" and 11 lbs? I'm surprised with a girth like that, it didn't weigh more. I'm 41 and your grandson has beat my biggest fish grin. Congrats Kris and Benjamin.

wow! i didnt read the post below it! 11lbs!!! WOW!!! that is a monster for his first! BIG congrats!

Congrats to the young man!

What an awsome fish!

That smile is priceless. My daughters first fish was a 4 inch bluegill while icefishing and I saw the same expression. I'll never forget it.

Geez, that's the second time this year I've heard of a munchkin catching a 11+lb walleye as their first one. Good for him!

wow that is awesome and a great smile! I suppose time to target other species now, tough to beat that 1st walleye!