• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Slip Question.

We are heading to West Lake Okoboji to spend a few days next week. The place we are staying at has no overnight slips and directed me to contact a marina that guests were to use for their boats. Great - until I found that the slips were $50.00 a night. Don't want to sound cheap but $50.00? We are going to be on the east side opposite Gull Point. Are there any other marinas that have a more reasonable rate or is this typical for Boji?

We are staying at a place called The Inn which I think is across the lake from Manhattan. Funny - the folks use to take the family on summer vacation to Okoboji back in the mid 70's and we would always stay at Manhattan Beach. I havent been to the lake since and am really looking forward to the few days we get to spend there. Caught my first walleye on the point by the resort there many years ago. Anyway - thanks for the feedback - I guess trailering the boat every night is not looking to bad - all things considered.

I stayed at a resort this last spring and on top of paying the high rates, they wanted me to pay an extra $20/night to use their slips. I trailered it for the entire week. I just hope the resort we are staying at next month wont want extra money to use one.

If youre not going to rent the slip, the closest boat ramp to the Inn is at the Kum and Go corner on East Okoboji. Steep and not much parking, about 4 minutes from the Inn. A little further away, is the ramp at Triggs resort. This ramp is on Upper Gar right at the bridge between East and Upper Gar. 8-10 minutes away from the Inn. If you want to put in on West, you have Emerson Bay in the southwest corner and Lazy Lagoon in the northwest corner. From the Inn, the Lazy lagoon would be closest. Nice ramp, but little parking, so get there early. I may know of a open slip in Lazy Lagoon, but in all honestty, I would not be comfortable leaving my boat 15 minutes away from where I was staying, partcularly at the Lagoon, where the docks are public access.

I'd trailer it if I was you.

You could ask and see if they have a daytime,(not overnight rate) available for any open slips.

R

I agree I won't let my boat sit unattended at any public place. Buddy had a net stolen out of his at Triggs earlier this year, then again he lives a block away from Lazy Lagoon and we leave 2 boats sitting out with all our gear in them, and mine sits by the house loaded and uncovered all the time. Normaly theres not much of a problem with people bothering stuff but every weeks different here depending on the vacationers and this year it's been packed. No offence to you out of towners but I can't wait for September.

Thanks Guys - I think the best option for us is to trailer it at the end of the day/night. There is a parking area for trailer at the inn according to there web site. Not a big deal and certainly worth saving the 200 bucks. Looking forward to trying my luck on the lake and it will be nice to be back in the home state for vacation this year. Thanks again!