• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Forest Lake Tourney

Mike's Bait on 8 is hosting a tourney on July 26. Brief description: $100 a boat, up to 2 people in a boat. $2000 first prize. Team event. You can check out all the rules and entry forms on www dot mikesbaiton8 dot com.

This should be a fun tournament....Me and a buddy are gonna give it a shot. Neither of us have fished a Musky tournament and We've only fished Forest once(saturday), but we think we got enough from saturday and maybe a day next weekend to hopefully boat a fish or two. Anyone whose thinking about fishing a Musky tournament better sign up. Low cost and a guy gets to fish for 10hrs, now what could be better grin

Yeah it took a whuppin... lotta fish sightings... I registered a 42.5 and think it was good for 7th... Didnt look it up when I saw It wasnt top 5... I would say if you get out early in the morning youll be ok... but I would give it a day or 2... But In all reality Forest gets hit hard all the time... Theres always numerous boats constantly fishing muskies.. maybe not 50-60 boats, but still a good number on any given day

I was suprized by the # of legals caught. I think a good time was had buy all, I never knew you could get so many pontoons on one lake! It got a little crazy after 2:00pm. I would recommend that next year it end a 3:00pm instead of 4:00pm. Great food also! Thanks Rich.. OMC

Here are the legal fish caught. Sorry for no last names. My partner caught a 49.5 which was good for second place. I had a good time fishing it, and thought it was well ran. I do agree about ending it at 3pm though.

Avery09883.jpg

Absolutely... a good time... I would agree ending it anhour earlier... that got to be a long day and with the jackasses on jet skis and tubes everywhere it got very frustrating...

I did like everything about the tournament... other than when I boated my fish lake 2 and 3 judge boats were checking fish at the same time... long time for my fish in the net... but theres not much ya can do about that....

oh yeah Im the schmuck that doesnt have his name next to his fish... 42.5... boat 45

It was definetly a fun tournament. I was surprised by how many legals and sub-legals were caught. Forest is good, but I consider that an awesome day on a metro lake that can kick out that many 'skis. The only thing that sucked was we missed the money by half an inch. Mike is considering hosting another tourney this fall on Forest.