• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Watching over her brood.

I wanted to save my 3000th post for a "special" shot. But alas, this is the middle of the summer in southwest Minnesota. After 60 miles, this is the best I could come up with. frown

Stopped down to f11 to maintain focus for all the ducks.

3709043386_4ae009c1b5_o.jpg

No shortage of RWBB's.

3709043198_a20ed40047_o.jpg

3709042978_6b5a37af4e_o.jpg

3000. Ouch! Makes my shoulder ache just to think about. Nice photos. The ducklings are adorable, and I never manage to get a redwing that isn't pure homely somehow. Throw a pelican in there and some mourning doves and that is a reflection of SWMN. If not very exciting, it is who we are, and they can always be doing some interesting things. I have been seeing more dickcissels, though, and a red-headed woody and horned larks and some really wild swallow activity.

I have been seeing more dickcissels, though, and a red-headed woody and horned larks and some really wild swallow activity.

Was the red-head a chance sighting or is it hanging around and feeding from your suet feeder? I haven't seen one of these for at least 15 years. I'd love to get a shot of one of these pretty woodpeckers.

Originally Posted By: Birdsong
I have been seeing more dickcissels, though, and a red-headed woody and horned larks and some really wild swallow activity.

Was the red-head a chance sighting or is it hanging around and feeding from your suet feeder? I haven't seen one of these for at least 15 years. I'd love to get a shot of one of these pretty woodpeckers.

It was a chance sighting, but he was really hanging around, just moving far enough to avoid me but not leaving. Lincoln county, County Road 113 running north/south just west and south of Dead Coon. He was right across the road from Blissful Cattle on the power poles.