• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mauer Home Run Derby!!!

HossFisher

He is a hit making magician. I know he can hit for more power at the expense of BA, but I don't see him winning this. I do think it'll be a lot of fun to watch. Kudo's to those who invited him!

I remember an article awhile back that Joe could knock out 50 in a row in batting practice, and I believe it was Justin that made the coment that he would win the home run derby if he had the chance. It will be interesting. I just hope it doesn't effect his swing during the game.

joe is a smart enough hitter that the HR wont do anything negative to his swing

I think the HR derby being blamed for a downward slide in hitters numbers is HOGWASH. These guys are supposed to be professionals.

these guys have been hitting all their lives and professionally for YEARS. How in the heck can a few minutes of trying to hit home runs with a BP pitcher CHANGE their swing for the rest of the season. This is so far fetched that Im suprised its given any credibility.

these guys have been hitting all their lives and professionally for YEARS. How in the heck can a few minutes of trying to hit home runs with a BP pitcher CHANGE their swing for the rest of the season. This is so far fetched that Im suprised its given any credibility.

Physically It's extremely tiresome believe it or not especially for the guys that keep advancing and you do change your swing a bit in this competition also which can lead to problems down the road.

Hitting a baseball is pretty difficult to say the least and even the slightest seemingly meaningless changes can effect the art of hitting a baseball.

It's kind of like Golf in a way~

Agree 100%.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck

Physically It's extremely tiresome believe it or not especially for the guys that keep advancing and you do change your swing a bit in this competition also which can lead to problems down the road.

Hitting a baseball is pretty difficult to say the least and even the slightest seemingly meaningless changes can effect the art of hitting a baseball.

It's kind of like Golf in a way~

Kinda like playing homerun derby as a kid...ya would get in the habit of dropping your shoulder to get the upper cut. shocked

during tonights game they showed mauer hitting during batting practice, and he would swing easy in his smooth stroke and hit the ball off the facing of the upper deck. he has a good chance to win it, the home town slugger for st. loius will give him a run though.

I think this may be GOOD for his swing. Have you watched him the last couple games? Four strikeouts yesterday!

I just hope he doesn't embarass himself with slap hits to left field. smile

Four whiffs in one game pretty much qualifies him as a slugger. I see he's listed at 8-1, not the favorite and not the goat.

It's set up for Pujols to be the hometown star.

Adrian Gonzalez 5/1

Albert Pujols 2/1

Brandon Inge 10/1

Carlos Pena 6/1

Joe Mauer 8/1

Nelson Cruz 8/1

Prince Fielder 3/1

Ryan Howard 2.5/1

I think he has a very good shot at putting out the most home runs. As far as distance however, Pujols and Howard may be hitting them twice as far as Mauer if he just puts them two rows deep into left field again smirk

KFAN put it this way this morning.... Tiger Woods could go out and swing for a day like Happy Gilmore and then go back to the range the next day and "fix" his swing back to normal.... Why can't Mauer just take an hour of BP after the All Star Game....