Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canman

Agate Appraisers?

22 posts in this topic

My uncle found a 4.5lber yesterday. Anyone have connections or know of anyone that could appraise the value of the agate?

Don't know where you're located, but there's an agate shop just north of Two Harbors....

Thats a big agate! Would you have a pic?

The value of an agate really depends on the quality of the banding. Rocks with lots of quartz aren't worth near as much as the ones with solid bands going through the whole thing.

I do have pics now. Man is that one big agate. I'll try to post it this week.

This agate doesn't have any quartz in it. It is banded all the way through. I've been to the Two Harbors Rock Shop. This is the best big agate I've ever seen...

Dark,

Can I send the images to you to load? I don't have mine loaded onto a web site.

I'll post it if you'd like. Flaco651 at gmail . com

At LEAST $1,000 ...maybe closer to 2 to the right person. That is a top shelf laker for shore! Is it wet or did he oil it?

Yeeow, big one! Agate shop in TH does buy agates. The shop up in Beaver Bay said big agate prices have dropped off lately. There's only a couple big ones like that in TH....

I put water on the rock before I took pics of it. A very impressive agate. My uncle is taking it to Moose lake this weekend.

I think we have a Agate but if I send a pic could someone tell me for sure. It is a big one about 13" long by 5" wide by 3-4" think. Colors are pink, red, orange in a swril pattern. thing is about 5-6". Garndma gave it to my daughter since she is into Rocks big time. Thanks!

Can you post the pic? If not, send it to me... klinnfamily at aol

I got to hold that agate today at Moose Lake...what a beauty! ....and I got the story grin

Very Cool! Your uncle is in clip 3 of my video from yesterday (in agate days thred) I had clip 2 in there twice but I fixed it.

I want his job grin

I've tried to have him talk to his boss to let me "look around" for a Saturday...policy says I can't....:(