• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer Archery Scouting!

I am starting a new thread...an offshoot of the 3D thread.

I just got done watching an impressive Bachelor group of nice Bucks. Man...I'll tell you what...I was watching a group of 5 Bucks of all sizes in full fluffy velvet. The twin 10's diddn't appear tonight...but, There is another potential MONSTER in the back yard. This thing had an easy 20" plus spread. The Brow Tines are not that big...only about 6" cool The G2's are easily 10" with Crab Claws and the main beam tip has Crab Claws as well. I am guessing an easy 10 point. They are still growing mass as I type. 2 of the other ones, I don't think I would pass on...now knowing that there are at least 3 10's. WOW...is all I can say. Once I figure out how to post my trail camera pics...I will give weekly update. Hint...Hint...DC whistle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be against them but when I showed him a few pics and video of the Bigger target deer he wanted all the info he could get as to the locations of the cams and time stamps on the pics smirk. If my dad finds a tractor in time were hoping to to do a few small food plots for next year in strategic locations... Weve got some good breeders up there and were trying to get a good mature heard..

We have a new stand scouted out that is going in soon. It looks like an awesome spot. Im not sure how Tank and I are gonna decide who gets to hunt it first! We need to get our 3 cameras out in the woods...

Heres a few from last year. We watched this buck, and had numerous picts of him. Notice the broken brow tine...

174erm.jpg

Broken brow tine a few weeks later...Tank won a dozen carbon expresses for heaviest buck at our local archery shops contest with this deer...

711i.jpg

This buck was an interesting one. We were getting a picture every day or two till the rut kicked in then we didnt see him for two weeks, then he showed up with a busted g2 and was around till after the gun season. We never got a picture of him in daylight till after the season and most pictures were late night...

312edx.jpg

What did Mama do kick you in the SAC this morning you are up early whistle.

Negative on that kick in the sac!!! Momma was up and gone by 430 as she had to open the store this am. I got up and went golfin this morn.. shot the worst game of the year with a 48.

Originally Posted By: Thunderman
What did Mama do kick you in the SAC this morning you are up early whistle.

Negative on that kick in the sac!!! Momma was up and gone by 430 as she had to open the store this am. I got up and went golfin this morn.. shot the worst game of the year with a 48.

Just think you get the same results fishing laughwhistle.

you got that right!! Let me know when your going out after the waldos again. Hoping to get out once or twice this week. Gotta get the place ready for the daughters B day party on sat to tho.. Horse shoe pits are almost done. You should stop by and checkem out!!!

I had to take my Parents vehicals to get them inspected today I seen you working on them when we went by.My father has not been feeling well so I have been doing things around the house. I am ready to go out and do some kind of fishing I don't know if it will be walleyes smirk.

Keep on task here boys. Iceman and ThunderChicken...this thread is about Archery...not kicking of the SAC or Waldo watching on the fish finder cry

There were 3 Bucks and on Doe in the field next to the propery last night. I gave Vanessa the Nikkons to take a look. Her jaw dropped when she got the glass on the big one. Her words were...HOLY "Bleep". There is Winter Wheat, Clover, Corn and Soy in the field adjacent to the House. It is about a 100-125 acre field. Nothing like having someone else who doesn't hunt, put in free food plots grinThere is a small patch of hardwoods right next to a ditch that runs through the middle of the field plots. Perfect ambush spot during Archery. Only if it is not the bedding area for the big boy. It might just be, due to the fact the deer have a panoramic view of danger.

Peace out until the next update.

Tank and I spent a 3+ hours today with the troy-built putting in two small food plots. Praying now for that 60% chance of rain to happen. We put a trail camera on one of them, if it takes we should have some neat picts.

Heres one when we were starting before I turned it off. We tilled and planted the whole area you can see plus litle more. A stand will be going up here soon, major trails even if the plot dosnt take. The other spot we worked is a bit bigger...

sunp0847.jpg

Nice try DC...that is in your back yard and Pops has his SLIPPERS on whistle

So, does putting a salt lick and a bag of apples count in your "Food Plot" cry

Holy schnikees...I have yet to see a "Wall Hanger" in any pics wink

Keep putting in the nice plots "Southern Tier" boys...just put me in a good spot, this fall and I will do the same for you 2 grin

Yep, the "back yard" is a couple hundred acres...

Baiting is a Madison Co thing only...

Heres another slipper shot...

cdy0002.jpg

A small buck and a little one checking out our work...

cdy0006.jpg

Heres a wall hanger for you. Ya cant eat the horns...

192ezg.jpg

Ok ladies, where are all the pictures and scouting reports?

I find it hard to believe Lee dosn't have about a dozen trail-cams out. cool

We have green in the food plots already! Tank checked em today and says things are sprouting.

Seems the bambies have turned it into a playground, numerous picts of them running around...

cdy0010.jpg

Plus a few bucks. The one on the right looks nice...

cdy0017.jpg

No pics yet but I got some good info on a Good shooter buck yesterday. Gonna go and see if I can find his trail tomorrow and set the cam on him. Neither my dad or the other guy can say exactly how many he has but they both say at least 8 and out past the ears. Hopefully have some pics next week as the rest of the cameras will go out this weekend!!

Nice Calli! The cameras get addicting. We had hundreds of pictures last year and its always exciting plugging them into the computer wondering what you'll see. Plus they are an amazing learning tool.

Tank and I made a trip to our local archery shop this evening and he pulled the trigger on a new bow. Nothing wrong with his 12-14 year old Hoyt but it was just time. We shot 4-5 diff bows from Matthews, Hoyt, Martin, and PSE, all nice but he settled on a Martin. Neither of us are speed freaks but like smooth drawing and shooting bows. I actually shoot real heavy arrows to slow things down and increase kinetic energy. I like seeing impact...

Yes they are wonderful thing Jay. You can learn so much from them. smile HOWEVER, It can also be frustrating to know that there are good shooter deer under your stand every night at 2am that never seem to show during shooting light.. madmad. Trail cams are in the same boat as under water cameras. In that sense..

Blah Blah Blah...enough already on the fact you don't like Mathews Bows...I like Tica Reels...you don't. I like women...you don't shocked

Martins are great bows. They have been around a long time, so they must be doing somethingre will you 2 be? right...like Matheew McPhearson whistle

Anyhow...DC...I hohpe you and Beth have a good trip and Where will you 2 be going? i know you will have a rod or 2 with you grin

Speaking of Archery...my Archery Dealer is having his Annual Field Days this weekend. Pro Staff from 3 of the top Manufacturers will be there. I am helping him out all weekend. We have a 15 target course going throughout some pretty tough terrain. Some really cool different targets are being featured. We put out a standing bear, Coyote, several Glenn dale Full Ruts, Porcupines, javelinas, sleeping whitetails, full prone bear...and a few more. Seminars both days...and some great deals to be had by all.

I am going to get that bow appraised and see what it is going to take to get Vanessa comfortable with it.

Please stop by whoever is available. AJ's Archery in Cazenovia, 655-BOWS Right on Rt. 20 between Caz and Nelson. Kyle and Franky and Callie...please come. i can get you guys a few deals on some good accessories. DC...I guess you are all set whistle

Would be nice to see some FM people off the ice.

I never said I didnt like Mathews bows? The only bow I shot I didnt like was one of the new offerings from PSE, it just did not feel right in my hand.... The name game with archery and bows drives me nuts! I understand advertising but Im sick of watching hunting shows and listening to some yahoo thank his bow manufacturer and proclaim "wow that X-brand bow really puts em down", or "I never would have gotten that animal without my X-brand... Tica reels on the other hand whistle

I always liked when 3-D ranges would put one of those standing bear targets behind a stone wall so vitals were just above the wall...

So you got any picts of all those monster bucks running around or are they just dust in the wind? crazy

p.s. - I didnt buy a bow, Tank did. The only accesory im eying up is an STS for my bow...

I see you edited your inital post and added some smart butt comments? Nice!

Whole family vacation up to where we normally go in Canada, but thats not till next weekend. I'll be up for another hour, give me a shout if you see this. I dont want to call and wake the good people up that live there. Or call me when you wake up, I got nothing going on tomorrow, we may take a drive...

Doug, I will try to make it up there today before momma gets outta work. I will have my daughter so wont stay long but will try. Tomorrow (sunday) is my 35th birthday and Im trying to come to grips with the fact that I am getting older. NO WISER but definately older smile. Talk to ya later