• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 100 Lesnar VS Mir

jltimm

I'm sure he has some training, but comparetively speaking, from what I've heard anyway and not knowing him personally, he is relatively new to MA. Alot of the cage fighters have been doing some type of martial arts every since they were little kids....they even go spend time in Asia to perfect the art.

With it or without it, he's a beast! He also seems to be a quick study when it comes to fighting in the cage, so with the good trainers and coaches you mentioned and with the package that is Brock Lesnar, he'll likely as not, become the Bronko Nagurski of cage fighting!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story, sort of short. I attended Northern State, my first year of college in 01. Anyways, knew many people that knew Brock.

As the story goes, Brock was broke down on highway 12, while waiting for a ride some passer-bys stopped to harrass him. Brock proceeded 2 bust the window out of the car and pull a couple of guys out of the car and beat the *)&*) out of them.

Bad mama jamma, that is all I can say.

According to Dana White himself, he says there will more than likely be a title fight between Lesnar and Fedor Emilianko! He says he wants Fedor in the UFC and will do almost anything to make that happen. I guess Fedor has one fight in August left on his contract with Affliction. I would love to see that fight.

I don't know if Fedor will want to come to the ufc simply because White is such a dbag! That [PoorWordUsage] has been badmouthing Fedor for a couple of years now. Now he wants him in the ufc! It's gonna cost him a ton more money now than it would have 2 years ago.

I don't really care for White and his arrogance.

I would, however, love to see Fedor vs. Lesnar.

I didn't see the fight with Mir. Did Mir actually land any punches or did Lesnar just take him down and pound on him? I'd like to see how well Lesnar takes a good punch. Personally I think Fedor would take Lesnar out.

Man there isn't really much in the heavyweight division anymore. Lesnar doesn't have any real competition. Other than Mir, who is only slightly above average, he hasn't beat anyone. Couture was way past his prime and Heath Herring is average at best. He is the champ though.

I'd like to see his next opponent be a very good puncher with a good takedown defense. Of course, it's hard to stop someone that big and powerful. I'm looking at the heavyweight division and there isn't a challenger.

As a matter of a fact Kimbo Slice is on the new TUF. Almost seems that they are leaning towards a Lesnar/Slice fight in the near future. Personally though, I hope someone knocks out Slice in the first round of TUF.

Slice would get taken down and beat by Lesnar worse than Mir! Carwin may stand a chance, but he would have to get that one good punch in to do it, and it's hard to punch when your on your back with the Vanilla Gorilla on ya!

I don't know if Fedor will want to come to the ufc simply because White is such a dbag! That [PoorWordUsage] has been badmouthing Fedor for a couple of years now. Now he wants him in the ufc! It's gonna cost him a ton more money now than it would have 2 years ago.

Quote:
I'm sure he has some training, but comparetively speaking, from what I've heard anyway and not knowing him personally, he is relatively new to MA. Alot of the cage fighters have been doing some type of martial arts every since they were little kids....they even go spend time in Asia to perfect the art.

You're right on. He's new to this, but I just wanted to give credit to Greg Nelson - that's all.

That would be Lesnar...in the first half of the first round! He would go through Slice like chit through a tin horn! That Kimbo would be kindling in short order.

The guy just looks menacing, I believe he is already in his mid forties. He has knocked out a few patsys, but if a guys skills are limited and he stands around and lets someone of like size throw haymakers at em, of course they are gonna get knocked out. I bet he would be wheezing like a steam boiler with a hole in it if he was taken into the second round of any fight!

Kimbo is only 35 (only 3 years older than Brock).

I saw his last fight against Seth Petruzelli and it was a short one. Fourteen seconds and Petruzelli knocked out Kimbo. Seth would be a light heavy weight (205) in the UFC where as Kimbo would be a heavy weight (235).

Brock would probably have no problem handling Kimbo. I think Frank Mir would probably have no problem handling Kimbo.

I watched a little of Carwins fights on u tube. He is a BIG dude, but all he has beaten has been a guy in a karate outfit, some guy that pretty much just laid down for him, and thats about it. I think Brock would beat him pretty good too. No offense to the guy, just does not look to be at Brocks level. Fedor on the other hand, that would be VERY interesting!

TO all the people bashing Brock about his post fight antics, get real. If you would actually watch UFC and follow it, you would know that Mir has been trash talking since before their last fight. He got what he had coming and Brock was right when he said, "Mir has a horse shoe up his "hind end" and I pulled it out and beat him over the head with it." With the crow booing and all that, I really don't care that he did what he did.

Yup, that would be a good one to watch. I seen Fedor awhile back when I believe he was a PRIDE fighter? He went though the guys pretty good, even the really big guys. He can take a pretty good whollop to and stand up to it.

I don't know though, Brock is a really naturally big guy that can really fight? He has that thick, heavy boned head, a.k.a. "The Vanilla Gorilla" but, in the UFC, you can never say never.

Gracie used to prove alot of people wrong and he took out some big dudes! Randy C. was alot smaller then Tim Silvia and he put a whippin on him? Of course he couldn't do it with Lesnar, but it does happen.

Ebass,

I second your credit to Gregg Nelson. He's grown the Minnesota Marital Arts Academy into a powerhouse. Three UFC champions and counting. I worked out there in the late 90's and always remember him saying "the strength is in the pack, not the individual wolf". It's clear the pack has taught him submission defense.

What about the big dude from Mn, that fights for EliteXC. Brett Rogers? That guy is a powerhouse too, he KO'd Arlovski a month or so back, in like 30-40 seconds. I watched this guy fight a couple of times and he's no slouch. EliteXC also had the other big heavyweight, Bigfoot they called him. I can't remember his name though. He'd be a good match with Lesnar.