• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 100 Lesnar VS Mir

jltimm

This is one card I would liked to have seen. When Brock first came into the UFC, I didn't give him a prayer, I thought that he was getting started to late in his life. Big wrestling background, but without any MMA training, I didn't think he would amount to anything in the UFC....I was thinking about how smaller martial artists like Gracie, etc. twisted up the less skilled bigger guys with relative ease....man was I wrong!

What a warrior, no wonder the Vikings were so feared....can you imaging a long boat full of Brock Lesnars with swords and battle axes, comming to pay you a visit with blood in their eyes? A whole boat load of berserkers that wanted your lunch money! eek

I was glad to read that big mouth Bisping got his lights put out by Henderson, man that guy is quite a fighter. I never thought Bisping was that good anyways...now instead of kidney pie, it will be humble pie for The Count. blush

Shoulda bought it and had some people over.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt too happy to see Brock win. Like stated before he is a cocky unclassy fighter. He came right out and said he doesnt respect any opponent he steps into the ring with. I dont think its all old WWE coming out either. Ive met the guy and hes a lot of the same in person.

Quote:
What a warrior, no wonder the Vikings were so feared....can you imaging a long boat full of Brock Lesnars with swords and battle axes, comming to pay you a visit with blood in their eyes? A whole boat load of berserkers that wanted your lunch money!

Lesnar will be a mad dog when he enters the ring from now on. He's tasted blood (victory) Just plain Bad to the Bone.

Farmer

Some of you guys need to realize that some people like Brock don't want the equivolent of a snot nosed brat following their every move or to be followed around town. But to sit there and say he's the same in public as he was when he left the ring lastnight? Sheesh!!!!!!!!

He very rarely watches tv, doesn't have a computer and could really care less what the general public thinks of him. Some of you sound like he should acknowledge you in public. Get over yourselves already. smirk

Good point LEP......He lived right down the road from where I work out of in Delano before he moved last year. I would see him jogging down the road in the morning and never was stupid enough to bother him. But many people I have talked to who would see him in the bar in town always sais he was a decent guy.

WOW

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed a?

I very rarely comment about others posts on here. You are a board member so to speak for this site and you come off on people like this?

Not very nuetral for your status is it? This is of course just my opinion.

Farmer

Alot of UFC fighters show alot of class, but then again they're not getting boo'ed when their beating up the hometown favorite! I don't blame Lesnar one bit for doing what he did. He was very emotionally charged, and just shut up Mir,the fans, and the doubters. Don't know exactly what he said about the beer, but that right there is funny!

WOW

I very rarely comment about others posts on here. You are a board member so to speak for this site and you come off on people like this?

Farmer

WOW, What's YOUR beef? Should've looked in the mirror before that personal attack.

jltimm pretty much nailed how I see it. When he was doing all those antics and saying those things I laughed but knew he was going to get lots and lots of grief for it but think of the adrenaline and emotions that guy was going through. He might finally be getting some respect from ufc fans for his ability but now the majority will probably hate him. I was happy he won and now am curious who will be next?

Originally Posted By: FISHINGFARMER
WOW

Farmer

WOW, What's YOUR beef? Should've looked in the mirror before that personal attack.

Chris was he directing that at you? If so what the h*ll is he talking about

I saw the highlights from last night.

WOW did Dan Henderson ever put the hurt on Bisping. That hurt me through the TV grin

I though Alves was going to do better against St. Pierre for the beatin' he put on Matt Hughes. Georges is definitely the man in the welterweight division.

The major difference between this Lesnar vs. Mir fight and the first one is Brock didn't give Frank and easy opening for a submission. The first one started off with Brock pounding on Frank. I was impressed with some of the knees Mir got in on Lesnar. In the end Brock's brute strength was too much, though.

I looked up the definition of juggernaut:

A massive inexorable force that seems to crush everything in its way.

I think that pretty much sums up Lesnar's MMA abilities.

Fighting is what Lesnar does for a living, he's not a baker, a quaker, or a candlestick maker, he's an a$$ kicker and a name taker...probably can't expect the guy to be to congenial? He's a big rugged cage fighter, a world champion no less and he handles it in his own way. Probably takes a little bit different type of personality then say, a computer tech, or a barber.

He must know what he's doing, the guy has fighting and mano e mano competition in his blood, he's a warrior. He was a world class wrestler, a star in the WWE, a football player and with no MMA training to speak of, on raw talent, power, anomosity and drive, a UFC world heavyweight champion...the guys got alot going on, he publically apologized for his post fight antics, time to give him his due and move on to UFC 101.

My point is; the dude is from SD. I know all the stuff about the U and training at MPLS MMA. What's Brock to do otherwise??/ Train on cows and pigs in Webster??? Of Course he'd come to MPLS. But the dude is not MN blood, period.

When I think MN Blood, I think Broten, Christian, Molitor,Winfield, Mauer, to say a few. AS much as you want to think it,, Brock is not from MN. PERIOD.

I did cheer for him , being that he spent some time in MN,,, but wished I hadn't after the classless antics. Pretend you've been their before.

Some dude in East LA or BRooklyn is just using this as fuel for a major fire in 2-3 years.

It's the way the sport works.

My point is; the dude is from SD. I know all the stuff about the U and training at MPLS MMA. What's Brock to do otherwise??/ Train on cows and pigs in Webster??? Of Course he'd come to MPLS.

He could have just as easy chosen Iowa or Oklahoma.

Iowa is second in NCAA history with 22 national championships, all of which have come since 1975.

Oklahoma State University has won more NCAA team championships than any other school, having won the title 34 times.

The Minnesota Gophers have won the NCAA wrestling team championship three times, in 2001, 2002, and 2007.

As far as his MMA training goes, he may very well put Minnesota on the map.

Once again there are many other places to MMA train other than Minnesota. He could have picked any one of them.

I agree he could have been much smarter in his actions and words after the fight. I believe that will come. On the other hand I would much rather see someone who overspeaks and can back it up; rather than so many today that can't.

Brock put a beating on MIR 2 times in a row. The first time he got caught. I am glad he didn't get caught this time.

I wish Brock and Minnesota MMA fighting in general, the best of luck in the future, and I thank Brock and the many others behind the scenes that are putting Minnesota on the MMA map.

I dont think its all old WWE coming out either. Ive met the guy and hes a lot of the same in person.

When I lived in the Cities a few years ago I had just flown back to the Mnpls airport the day before Thangsgiving. I was waiting outside for my ride and all of the sudden I noticed this guy to my left who looked very familier. Turns out it was Brock, I mentioned to him I was born and raised in South Dakota and shook his hand. For about 20 minutes we talked about everything from our families, to pheasant and deer hunting in SD. I thought he was a very normal and humble person.

I think what he does on camera is just utilizing the buisness side to what he does for a career. Love him or hate him he has been successful as an entertainer. The more people you have talking about you good or bad it's good for him as an entertainer. Granted WWE and MMA are 2 different types of entertainment, he is finding a way to capitalize on it. Just like everybody else tries to do in their own line of work.

Loved the fight. Loved Brocks antics after the fight too! When you have so many people booing you because you beat up pretty hometown boy, do what you gotta do. He didn't go out and smack anyone. All he did was put a few fingers up in the air(proclaiming he was number one after the title fight!), and encouraged the booing. Big deal.

Quote:
and with no MMA training to speak of

WHAT!? Gotta disagree (no offence either) I trained with Greg Nelson back in the day at the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy and that's one of Brock's trainers. Inside MMA has Greg as the top three trainers for UFC. (that show was on last week on HDNet) Greg was in the corner for Brock's fight. So was Shawn Sherk who trains at MMAA. Greg was a UofM wrestler too. Brock is getting excellent training, plus he brings in people from all over.

Personally I don't see anyone stopping Brock any time soon.

After Henderson was pushed off Chris Tucker should've stood over that Brit and said, "You got knocked the **** out!"