• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins trade rumors

IFallsRon

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This line up would look alright

Span

Mauer

Morneau

Hunter

Kubel

Cuddy

Crede

Soriano

Bartlett

Santana

Holliday

Baker

Blackburn

x (I actually like the swarzak kid)

I'd like Hunter, Santana, Bartlett back please, and we could've given up Garza a couple years ago for Soriano, but chose not to, only to give him up later for Delmon Young. Doh.

So much to address so little time...LOL

First off, Harvey, If Mauer leaves the Twins you get your lodging and gas money payed for by me to the Next Sturgeon Excursion you attend...Done Deal... smile

Anybody else want to bet straight up cash I'll gladly take the action.

So we're the Washington Nationals now and the New stadium isn't even open yet...

I guess I give up on this one.

It's always quick to make the twins out to be crud if we don't trade. It's the same banter year after year. This guy will leave, that guy wants more money, etc. etc. Mauer will NOT leave MN. He was born here, raised here, and has been here hiw whole life. The twins WILL pay him his dues. Can you imagine the backlash if the twins let the hometown boy go and the yankees signed him. Good bye fans at the new ballpark.

Why would he want to stay on an avg team his whole career. If we don't win, or do somethinig TO win it will be tough to sign him when his contract is up, Morneau too. He helps Mauer out quite a bit, w/o Morneau Mauer wouldn't see as many pitches. I could see them both gone when their contracts are up if we don't add some talent somewhere on the team.

It's always quick to make the twins out to be crud if we don't trade. It's the same banter year after year. This guy will leave, that guy wants more money, etc. etc. Mauer will NOT leave MN. He was born here, raised here, and has been here hiw whole life. The twins WILL pay him his dues. Can you imagine the backlash if the twins let the hometown boy go and the yankees signed him. Good bye fans at the new ballpark.

Joe has stated that he will leave if they don't get some better players so they have a better chance at winning it all.

That is what Joe stated. One cannot say he won't leave. Money is not the whole picture. Whats a few million to a good ball player?

Depends on the ball player. Many an athlete has gone to really, really bad teams because of more money.

With Mauer, this is probably not the case. He would need the right opportunity before he considered leaving. He has to realize the value of being a home town guy with an MVP type bat right behind him. He's got a brand new ball park in which he will be one of two premier hitters.

It's somewhat rare to have it all: League-wide competetive team, great salary, great fan support, nice ball park. He's got 3 out of 4. We're 1-2 starting pitchers, some middle reief, and an infield bat with pop away from being really competetive (okay that's a lot!).

Yeah, and If the vikings had a QB, Fullback, Center, Right Guard, Right Tackle, Safety, dominating linebackers, and a more creative Head Coach, we'd be on our way to the superbowl.

LOL>

I think you have to consider ties. Once a player has a wife and kids, it's often difficult to uproot them from their home/schools/friends/etc. Mauer and Morneau don't have those sort of ties yet. If the Yankees offer them $50 million more than they're going to get here, they'll leave. You would've liked to think Tori was a home town guy. He left.

Depends on the ball player. Many an athlete has gone to really, really bad teams because of more money.

With Mauer, this is probably not the case. He would need the right opportunity before he considered leaving. He has to realize the value of being a home town guy with an MVP type bat right behind him. He's got a brand new ball park in which he will be one of two premier hitters.

It's somewhat rare to have it all: League-wide competetive team, great salary, great fan support, nice ball park. He's got 3 out of 4. We're 1-2 starting pitchers, some middle reief, and an infield bat with pop away from being really competetive (okay that's a lot!).

The problem with this rationale is that the yankees will have lots of strong bats to surround him and they've also got a brand new ballpark. They've also got a league-wide competitive team, great fan support, and they will likely pitch a whole lot of $ at him if we don't get him signed to an extension before that comes about.

What I understand about Mauer is it isn't the money. He wants to win it all. He has been very competitive all his life and that has not gone away. He will leave if the Twins don't sign some players to give them a shot at the WS.

Quote:
According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, the Twins have acquired Orlando Cabrera from the A's for 21-year-old shorstop Tyler Ladendorf.

Ladendorf has a .322/.403/.496 batting line, four home runs and 21 RBI and three stolen bases in 121 at-bats this season at the Single-A level. He may not be in striking distance of a major league job for two or three years, but is young and cheap -- just how Oakland GM Billy Beane likes 'em. On the other end of the deal, Cabrera finally gives Minnesota a reliable shortstop, both at the plate and in the field. They're making a run for the AL Central. Jul. 31 - 1:09 pm et

Source: Yahoo! Sports on Twitter

ESPN is reporting the same thing. At least they made a move, even though the better players were already traded. This is better than Casilla batting .160! Toronto was asking too much for Scutaro(sp) according to the Trib.

I hope Cabrera is on a plane to Minneapolis right now. Heading to the game tonight so I sure would like to see him at short, Harris at 2nd and Crede at 3rd tonight. He only has a 1 year contract so this could be a rental player for 2 months.

Well it's not going to bring us an instant title. But it can only help our team. The platoon system at middle infield is getting old. Casilla is out for sure now, and Punto should only play to give relief to one of the other 3 infielders. Sounds like a good move for the squad.

If Punto and Casilla are out at 2nd base, who do you have at 2nd??? Harris is not a 2nd baseman.

He's not any worse at 2nd than those two. You have to think about the offensive side of the game, not just defense. I think Harris can start at 2nd with the boost he gives over Punto at the plate.