Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
IFallsRon

Kris Humphries

So, the popular ex-Gopher was a throw-in for the Toronto trade of Shawn Marion to the Mavs. I realize he was on the DL most of last year but does he have enough game to come off the pine and help the Mavs?

I think he can really help when/if he is healthy.....I thouhgt that he was a great pick up for the Mavs.....he has been a decent bench player and can give a few good minutes of solid play.

I think it shows how tough the competition in the NBA really is. Another similar example is Mr. Rick Rickert from Du East. The guy leaves college after his sophomore season and never plays a minute in a regular NBA game. I wonder if he could go back, would he stay around and enjoy another year or two of college?

Throw in is the key word here. It's a salary thing of course and Kris has NO chance to play for the Mavs other than a mop up roll off the bench on occasion.

I think Humphries could be a decent bench player if he was on a team that was shallow at SF.

Bobby Jackson and Pryzbilla are the only two Gophs in recent memory that have done anything in the pros.

Pryz is actually very popular out in Portland. He has a "cult" type following, they did a special night for him last year where everybody had masks with his face on them. HE is really active in the community and does a lot of charity work. He is a nice NBA player that has had a long career.

Humphrey just left too soon. He needed to develop his skills further and learn how to lead a team against top teams. Athletically he was there.

I don't think leaving early had much to do with it at all.

I wish he would stayed from a Gopher fan standpoint. I just think he's not an NBA calibery player based on his size, speed and talent level. Once you get to the NBA and it's your life you find out quickly and how good you really are.

I just don't see how playing against College kids 20 more games is going to improve your game at all compared to going to the NBA and playing against and learning from better players.

Just the NBA summers leagues alone are better than College ball.

Rick Rickert is doing quite well over seas and making a dang good living playing basketball. He was never going to be a NBA player no matter what others told him and his dad. He either should have left college after a all big ten freshman season or stayed all 4 years. As usual agents and others blowing sweet nothings in his ear messed up another career.

Humpries was a strong inside player but he wasnt tall enough to bang with the real big guys and not athletic enough to run with the forwards in the NBA. He will however give a team minutes off the bench, fouls and a good work ethic and mop up some boards and garbage points.

I dont see him in Dallas long unless he really improves but will be trade bait for someone looking for a undersized banger type.

Kris Humphries-- wow-- I coached the kid as a swim coach. INCREDBILE TALENT and he put it to work as HE still holds all MN Swim records for boys 9-10 years old.(holds some national records last time I checked) Seems as he got older (no longer was his coach) he ran into more talent and had to work harder in the pool to keep up, and basically gave up. HE had Michael Phelps like talent. Found out he's really good at b-ball (for those interested,, his dad played pro f-ball for the Chiefs) and took that up and was Unreal-- almost natural.

But once to the Elite level, he found out he was barely NBa level material. one big mistake he made--- playing for the Gophers (being the best doesn't make you better),, he shouldv'e gone to Duke and played day in and day out agst the best and in the best conf with a great coach. he's simply not NBA starting material. IF he had gone to DUKE, or bigger, better basketball school and stayed a few more years, he's be better in the NBA. REally a sad waste of potential talent,, thou he's making more $$ than I ever will. Can't blame him for that.

My take-bad attitude. That was it in college. Dad was running the show with Monson as coach so he got tons of touches, left early, and became a big fish in an ocean of big fish.

Now, he might have the same issues but I gotta think he's working on his game and has just reached a mental or physical limit as a professional athlete. Not enough size, athleticism or skill to dominate. If he can develop further, than he might be more than a minutes-eating backup. But you could call me that for a 7 figure paycheck!

His only mistake was leaving the U way too early.

Thats for sure. Perfect body for that. But they probably would have made him gain a ton of weight and made him a tackle. crazy