• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wow it's hot!!

Get_the_gaff

Come on now, it is suppose to be 117 here in Phoenix this weekend with a heat index of over 110. Now that is just hot. I will take the humidity and 85 degrees anyday.

Not me, I was stationed at Fort Sill in Lawton, Oklahoma and we had some 115 degree days but that dry heat was way better then the humidity we get. South Carolina humidity is another thing though, stand still and your soaked from head to toe.

Call me crazy but 6 months of fall and 6 months of winter would be fine with me. My youngest daughter just moved back to Ft.Cambell Ky to be with her husband and of course not everything fit in the U-Haul. Guess who will be making a trip to the land of NASTY heat and humidity in Aug or Sept.I live in south Fargo and that is far enough south for me !!!

1984 was hot. My folks only ACed half the house. Everyone slept down there except me. You couldnt sneak out to fish if you slept down there. Our neighbor across the street died from the heat and the TVs were telling everyone to use extreme caution. I was saving money for a new bike. Our window shaker AC died one day. I just handed the stack of money, $102 to my folks. My dad told me I could sleep in the AC and still go fishing(of course he knew). After a couple days I was sleeping until 10am so I went back upstairs, lol. Now 35 I never did get that bike. I later found out my dad got a used AC for $40.

I was saving money for a new bike. Our window shaker AC died one day. I just handed the stack of money, $102 to my folks. My dad told me I could sleep in the AC and still go fishing(of course he knew). Now 35 I never did get that bike. I later found out my dad got a used AC for $40.
Thats funny right there.

I remember that '84 summer too. We didn't have AC and slept in the basement surrounded by fans as a family a lot of nights that year. As a kid it didn't bother me that much. It was kind of like camping out.

Imagine this, here in AZ we have an early elk hunt that is in August. The issue is not finding them it is keeping them cold enough after gutting and skinning to keep the meat from spoiling. I thought about putting in for it a couple years ago but decided that needing to have hundreds of pounds of ice on hand would be harder than keeping the darn animal cool. i have been on elk hunts in late oct when it is 30 in the am and 90 during the day. makes for a long hard hunt.

Nice cool pic smile

I remember working on golf course grounds crew from 85-89. 87 and 88 were big drought years, and HOT! I would get up some mornings at 4:30 (started work at 5 to try to beat the heat) and I would look outside at the thermometer... when it was over 90 at 4:30 in the am, you knew the day was going to be tough... And that was in Twin Cities (Ramsey Cnty GoodRich course for those city golfers...) Don't miss those days, but I did love working there - every kid should have the ooportunity to work on a golf course at soome time in their life, learned a lot and had fun wink

I still will have fun with the open water, but already thoughts of duck hunting and ice fishing and sledding are starting to come more often smile

As sick as it may sound that picture sure looks refreshing. I hate the heat man. Jeffrey D I feel for you down there in AZ. I've been there before, throw the humidity [PoorWordUsage] out the window, it's hot down there.

Here is a nice cooooold picture for you all. I think it was 25 below that day.

hungryjack08164.jpg

nice... I can't wait to get back to that. I hate summer and spring. Fall is alright cuz you have hunting but the winter is my favorite season. Everthing is better frozen smile

One summer I worked as a loader for UPS. Building box walls in semi-trailors that have been baking in the sun all day is not fun. I've never complained about heat since then. To me unproductive fishing in winter is still an adventure whereas unproductive fishing in summer is just a hassle. Productive fishing is fun any time or place.