Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huskie

Truck question-Humid mornings

6 posts in this topic

On some of these humid rainy mornings, my old dodge 01 Ram with 170,000 miles "bucks" when I accelerate. This happens for a mile or so, then it's fine. What are we looking at, worn plug wires, distributor cap crack, thanks.

Worn out plugs will also cause those old dodges to flood on those cool damp mornings. We get more dodge defloods in the spring and fall than all winter.

Start it up and spray down the wires with some soapy water. You'll be looking for any leakage or arcing so if its darker out it will make it easier. Whatever you see leaking replace. The spark plugs are due every 30k so if your like most people its been at least 60k since they have been done. They are worn out! grin

Pull your plug wires and see if there's anything green growing.

And that would be?

you could simply pull the wires and put some dielectric grease (found at all parts houses) in the boot. this will help keep moisture from getting in the plug boot and if there is anything green growing it is time for wires and i would do plugs too if you are going that far.