• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Past month's fishing report

Well, been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time to post. Here's the run down from the past month!

My nephew came home on leave for a couple weeks back in May(Navy) and wanted to do some fishing. Took him and my oldest son Matt over to Johnson's Lake to chase walleye's. We caught quite a few drifting Wally Drift'r and Wally Special jigs tipped with crawlers. Most of the eyes were short but Matt managed to get a keeper less than 2 minutes into our 1st drift.

NightFishing2009001.jpg

I then fished the night bite with a couple of friends. We managed to catch a few walleye and white bass.

NightFishing2009003.jpg

Last night I took a friend out to get a pattern down for a trip with some clients on friday. We did really good and I can tell you that the night bite is getting into full swing. We did really well on Whites and walleye! We caught over 60 and had our limits of walleye ranging in size from 17-23".

NightFishing2009006.jpg

Took a few clients out Friday and we managed to catch some fish! Not as good as previous trips but they were happy.

salestuff30012.jpg

Then Sat night, a couple friends and I went up to Sherman to get on a pattern up there for a few potential trips. All I can say is, SLOW! We caught a few here and there before a nice flurry just before we left @ 4am. The whites were all BIG and fat! We also caught 5 walleye(2 keepers), drum, and 2 crappie.

salestuff30013.jpg

salestuff30015.jpg

The night bite is stil in full swing! Took a Husband & wife team out this past thursday night. The white bass kept us busy along with a few walleye. Didn't get any pics of this trip as we got ran off the lake by a T-storm. It rained and hailed HARD for about 15 minutes while I was getting the boat ready to head home.

Prov1900,

Bummer on Merritt! Last I had heard was it was on like DONKEY KONGG up there! Your going back up to Canada? Wish I could AFFORD to do something like that! I may make it out and try to get on a Crappie pattern next week! Starting to get calls and the crappie bite is pretty good from what I hear. Are you going to make plans to hit KS with us for the Fall Spoon bite? I am getting excited for that! BIG walleye, whites, and stripers here I come!!! Sure hope I can get my custom spoon molds to work!!

Yeah, it sounds like we just missed the hot bite. Story of my life. Get yourself a passport, going to Canada for less than 500, with everything, this time around. Of course it is only for 3-4 days. When are you guys heading to Kansas? I would love to get down there and learn that spooning deal. My September is pretty much toast by now, but would like to get something done in October. Won't put the boat away till the ice is thick enough to walk on. I think we should have a pretty good ice year. Looking forward to it.

When are you guys heading to Kansas? I would love to get down there and learn that spooning deal.

As long as the ice stays off, we'll be on the eyes ALL winter! I am getting alot of trips set up to head South in October-November! I hope I can get my spoon molds done in time!!