Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ikeslayer

Minnewashta PIGS

19 posts in this topic

Yes i may get some harrassment for this from some but that is ok. I am heading to washta in the next couple of days wondering if anyone has any advice. Since it is a catch and release lake , should be now worries i will put them back where i catch them. Never been to the lake before so wondering where to begin looking for fish as well as if there is any navigational hazards out there. Thanks for your troubles. If you don't want to go public shoot me an e-mail. Any help is appreciated.

[YouNeedAuthorization]hotmail.com

Only been there a couple times and it fishes a lot like minnetonka. Weedlines and flippin weeds.

My partner just called me and said he caught four 5 lbsers and a 4 lbs fish off the same spot inside of 20 mins yesterday.. He wanted to go out tonight but I had plans. All I know was that he caught them on a weedline point with a craw tube. Good luck and let me know how you did.

I've heard it has good populations of bass and pike but I've never been there. Its on a short list of lakes I'd like to fish but never have. Let us know how it goes!

4 5lbers? I'll believe it when I see it

I believe it. Obviously doesn't happen often, but I have had it happen a couple of times

I mean yeah, I guess it's possible it's just hard to believe after fishing this lake as much as I have.

washta is absolutly filthy with 3-5 pound bass and they really school up on the hard weedlines---recreation traffic sometimes blows so fish weekdays or mornings on the weekends.

jeff

Bassboy,

I have better things to do than lie about a couple of fish. Fact is my buddy and I have won a few dollars together in team events and I believe him. Furthermore, he is a very good hook, maybe his name should be Bassman, since he has experience?

Capt, by know means what I trying to offend you by saying what I was saying. I have seen many very large bass pulled out of this lake... you hear a lot of reports of co-workers and people catching 5 lb bass off there docks and you know they cant all be true. If you got 4 5lbers well then heck thats awesome! I would be skeptical if Kevin Van Dam told me he caught 4 5lbers in Minnewashta. Its just the way it is. 5lbs is a very large fish. Congrats on the catch.

Bassboy, check the recent Denny Super thirty results... there are some huge bass biting right now... I would totally belive Minnewashta would have some piggys biting like that... I know Minnetonka does..

Yup, I admit it, I was wrong to question those fish he caught. It was just one of those days and one of those moods and I was just glass half empty at the time. Minnewashta is an awesome fishery and this time of year when the fish start to school up near there summer haunts anything is possible. I apologize.

Bassboy

Yes i may get some harrassment for this from some but that is ok. I am heading to washta in the next couple of days wondering if anyone has any advice. Since it is a catch and release lake , should be now worries i will put them back where i catch them. Never been to the lake before so wondering where to begin looking for fish as well as if there is any navigational hazards out there. Thanks for your troubles. If you don't want to go public shoot me an e-mail. Any help is appreciated.

[YouNeedAuthorization]hotmail.com

Did you go? Any report?

nope havent' gone yet - wife is expecting any day so unless i talk her into the boat it isn't looking good for a while

I was on Minnewashta on Sunday. Could not locate summer-haunt schools, but shortly after dropping my Blackberry in the lake, I caught a 19-incher in about 12 FOW on a dead-sticked, weightless soft plastic. That helped improve my mood. Prior to that I'd caught only one six-inch LM. Transitioning from post-spawn to summer pattern is not my strong suit -- hard to give up on the shallower cover and go deep. Any hints on how to best pattern the summer haunts? Thanks. I read something on this site about finding hard bottom areas. Can that be done with a $125, black-and-white sonar unit?

If I can figure out how to post a photo here, I will.

My mood always improves when I am without a cellphone too... grin

Not sure, but I know you can locate hard bottoms really well with a flasher, which is not too expensive, esspecially if you have one for ice fishing and buy the open water kit... smile

wish i could see how the pigs were biting on tonka for the fishers of men tourney out there but the boat went down