Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
just_jig

What's a good quality climbing deer stand?

12 posts in this topic

Any recommendation for a good quality/light weight/small packing climbing stand?

I tried a buddies Lone-Wolf and I being a little larger than most, 6-4 220lbs I found it to small. I see they know make a larger one but the price is high. Heard some things about Summit but, not familiar with sitting in one.

lone wolf is considered top quality, summit also makes great stands i would go to one of the stores cabelas gander and look at them they are usually out on display that will give you a good idea on actual size

I see they know make a larger one but the price is high. Heard some things about Summit but, not familiar with sitting in one.

You get what you pay for and when it comes to a climbing stand, you really don't want to skimp to save some money!

I'm a big guy and I love my Summit! If I could afford it right now I'd go buy the bigger one, but I have little to no issues with my Viper!

I love my summit stand, very comfortable and easy to use. I'm about 6-1 and 225 and I have plenty of room and feel 100% safe 20 feet up. They won't be as light or easy to pack as a Lone Wolf but they are high quality stands that I would reccommend to anyone.

Like I tell anyone looking for a climber, there are only two names to remember, Summit and Lone Wolf.

Agree completely with the others. Have been completely happy with my Summit Viper and would recommend to anyone. I know 2 buddies that have them also and are real satisfied. Most comfortable stand of any type I've ever used.

Ill be getting a Summit Razer SS (I think its called) as soon as I can afford it, hopefully before bow season starts. Id recommend at least checking those out, Ive never used one but it seems practical.

I just picked up the Lone Wolf Wide climber and really like it so far. It packs up light, sets up quick, and operation seems pretty quiet. I haven't sat in it for any duration yet so not sure about long-term comfort. I'm 6'-1" 200.

I love the lone wolfs but also the Api, I don't now if they still make the one I use all the time but it is the Api grand slam bowhunter and that it the one I pack everywhere

My dad and uncles and i we have the river edge gators there a litle heaver but once in a tree as soild as a rock and usally can get them for around $70 to $100 right before hunting season.

I just picked up the Lone Wolf Wide climber and really like it so far. It packs up light, sets up quick, and operation seems pretty quiet. I haven't sat in it for any duration yet so not sure about long-term comfort. I'm 6'-1" 200.

I just noticed they got a wide version, I have the normal version and love it but it is a bit narrow even for my 5'9 175lb frame. I want to sell my sit and climb to buy the wide version. I have two lone wolf and love em both.

i got a summit viper ss very nice did a number of all day sits in it. almost too comfortable that u can fall asleep in lol.