• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pipestone Lake Walleye Fishing

The walleye bite on Pipestone Lake is very good right now. The walleyes are on the reefs in good numbers. Most the walleyes caught were in 14-18 fow and a lindy rig and leech was the best. Guests the last few weeks were having good success with cranks as well. Had 2 muskies follow up today, 1 in the 45" class and a 35". Here's a picture of a fat 29" caught today.

IMG_0289-Copy.jpg

Hey Piston Ring,

Who's boat are you in? I see a yammy on the back and I know you wouldn't be caught driving without a Honda on the back of the boat. Was that guy cutoff in the picture guiding you in his boat?

Superbee, nice fish!

Pipestone sure is a great lake, there are some dandy walleyes in there but you don't hear much about them because the fishing for everything else is so good. Seems like every trip we get one between 27 and 29 inches. Can't wait to head up there in almost exactly a month. I'll see you then! Glad to hear some muskies are showing themselves too, I'm still planning on catching one bigger than yours!

Outfitter - you are right about running the Yamaha vs the Honda. It was tough to adjust to it, but went up with the neighbor in his boat to do a little work and get some fishing with the nice weather we have been having.

Fishguide1 - It was great to have you up and am glad you and your son had a really good trip. We look forward to seeing you up again in the future. Let me know if you decide to do the ice fishing trip and we will get you on the lakers.

Hoffer - There are some great fish to be had on Pipestone. Alot less developement on Pipestone vs Jackfish/Despair which is always a plus. There is even less traffic up there from years back when there was 3 lodges on the lake and now there is only one. Let me know if you want to try and set something up. Would like to have you see what the lake has to offer.

NoWiser - Your trip is coming up fast. Don't forget the sweetcorn when you come up and I will pass you along a new spot or 2 that have been holding some good fish. See you soon.

The group that came out of the outpost on Pipestone today reported excellent walleye fishing, catching lots of walleye ranging anywhere from 8" up to 22". Lots of fish caught in the area around the cabin, the bay where Happy Landing Lodge was, and the NW Arm. Most walleyes were caught using leeches. Caught 2 muskies, one about 35" and 42". Had lots of follows, around 25 different fish total.