• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be On The Lookout For A Flathead Catfish Thief

Shack

I'll be honest, I missed the video before it was pulled, anyone care to explain what this is all about?

1) Man with dog catches big cat fish which IMO looks approx 45 lbs but says it is a state record. Looks to be snagged but hard to tell. (approx 9 minutes of video)

2) Man can not take fish home because he is on a bike.

3) Man ties fish up with rope and leaves for the night.

4) Man comes back next day and fish is "stolen"

5) Man tells everyone to be on lookout for fish that is a this big caught in the carver area in the next month.

Consider that you have a extra 9 minutes to fish by avoiding watching the video. It is 9 minutes I am not going to get back.

I sent a link to the T.I.P. line!! Sounded like they were going to look into it. Not sure if I'll here back from them, but they do know about it now.

Good call!

Yep even before I made this thread some e-mails where sent out using the wanton waste angle wink. Who says this guy would have come back the next morning or not?

Funny part about it they new of this guy and his fish already laugh Per his lost and found ad he was going to contact the DNR on Monday. Let’s just say I have a feeling someone was honestly hoping to claim a state record via poor quality cell phone video and even worst quality cell phone photo's wink with no measurements at all.

If anything this guy did more to influence the guys and gals down town of what actually goes on with big flats. I am very sure his video and ad links where passed around the office smile

It looked like a nice fish, but no state record. I'm guessing that the guy is new to cattin and hasn't seen many big fish. I was the same way when I first started fishing for cats. Ihad no scale and when you aren't used to seeing a big kitty they seem to be larger then life and then you play the well it could be this big game. I'm guessing that thats what really happened here.

Also could this guy have heard about this site and knew about us talking about T.I.P and thats why it got pulled oh so very quickly. Or is he a member of this site?

No I would say some comments on You-Tube about his video, maybe an e-mail or two from his C ad and possibly some sort of communication he had with the DNR influenced his mind into changing things up wink

Hopefully he has a changed view on what should be done and not a grudge to take out on a future large flathead he catches. I am not shy and make my self easy to get a hold of. If he is holding any grudge he sure can take it up with me. I have converted a couple people over the last couple years to change their ways when it comes to big cats. I am always willing to take on another challenge to help the cause. smile

For those of you who use firefox, there is an addon that will automatically add a little "save to hard drive" button next to any youtube video you see. It's cool. Just search for "firefox youtube plugin", or if you want I think it's technically called the "fast video download" addon. Works pretty well, or at least it did a couple months ago when I used it.