• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be On The Lookout For A Flathead Catfish Thief

Shack

Well I was doing my daily (living vicariously threw You-Tube) flathead catfishing and while searching videos I happen to stumble on this.

Get a "load" of this video smirk

He also has a couple uncle craig's ad's in the lost and found section about this??? Is this a joke?

He has this posted at You-Tube:

Quote:
I caught a fish too big to bike home. I tied it off and came back with a friend in the morning. STOLEN most likely by a Carver, MN local. This location was hard to get to under a RR bridge and someone knows something? If your friend showed up from 6-26-09 TWO DAYS AGO with a monster fish its mine. it has a hook mark on the left cheek, and it has black and yellow skin like an idaho potato.. then white to a red belly. The record for Flathead is 70lbs.. and I think mine is bigger. It's bigger than my Weimaraner.

It must be a joke grin

Well for one thing its not as big as he thinks it is and second it looks like the fish was foul hooked which means its not a legal catch.

Lastly...if I came across a fish tied up with no one in sight, that thing would be released faster than you can say state record. smile

LOL, 50 maybe! I too would have released it back to the wild, and not even thought twice about it. I wonder what he was thinking about doing with a fish that size anyway? To whoever released the fish, good for you! For whoever tied it up, I think it was illegal what you did, and I wouldn't be putting my name on any of this and advertising tieing the fish up and leaving it!

black and yellow skin like an idaho potato.. then white to a red belly.

Might have to start calling them spuds laugh

6-26-09 Lots of guys on the river that night, as it was a BPCL night. I'm sure I would've threw a KOTC logo on it and had a snapshot. smile

Well hopefully it was set free and didn't go home in the trunk of a car.

lol I'm reading this and thinking wow this guy must have been Papa Grumps scouter.

All jokes aside this guy is an [PoorWordUsage]. Yes I'm going to put it out there that I willingly broke the law and then while out it might as well put out a video and craigs list ad. WOW good job on the find and release. Hopefully someone will have pics of the release on here soon.

Just as a side note did he say what he tied it too. One would think if not tied properly the fish would 1 brake the line 2 brake the branch tied too or 3 tied to close to the show the yotes drug it off. Wait or 4 some decent person saw it tied there and released the pour thing.

Stolen?? [PoorWordUsage]?

You suppose the fish just got away? What'd he tie it up with something? Did it come loose? Rope break?

Just seams "fishy". Story possibly fabricated to add some drama to a big fish vid?

first off if even a doubt that it was state record (I dont think it was)I would of been baby sitting it all night until it was verified but that goes back to another thread that we had many photos with measurements andthe like.2ndly I heard of thirty lb cats bending apart the d ring on a stringer. most likely escaped and is free and I also would of set it free after some pics of the monster cat tied up but could never claim it if I didnt catch it, and the BPCL is all about honesty and honestly I had one tied up bigger than that by a bridge in savage grinlaugh and that one was stolen laugh

first off if even a doubt that it was state record (I dont think it was)I would of been baby sitting it all night until it was verified but that goes back to another thread that we had many photos with measurements andthe like.2ndly I heard of thirty lb cats bending apart the d ring on a stringer. most likely escaped and is free and I also would of set it free after some pics of the monster cat tied up but could never claim it if I didnt catch it, and the BPCL is all about honesty and honestly I had one tied up bigger than that by a bridge in savage grinlaugh and that one was stolen laugh

Sorry Gordie

Wow stupidity at it's finest. Some people that are on the river are just plain stupid. I was out tonight and two guys came up and saw we had his spot and they decided to fish there anyways and then they are throwing their trash into the river and such. Also they released a Sheephead from 20 feet up on the bank and the thing died...I really hope these types of people don't call themselves outdoorsmen.

Wastewater.. LOL...sasquatch Been a long time since any one has mentioned that one.. LOl.. just hit my funny bone..

Hey John, give me a call or am email please.

papagrump, shoot me a call or an email please

Thanks

Ok, Ok, I will fess up..... I was up there, took it, and brought it home and ate it. I didn't gain 60lbs, so it wasn't a state record. But it tasted good.

*****humor only*******

I sent a link to the T.I.P. line!! Sounded like they were going to look into it. Not sure if I'll here back from them, but they do know about it now.

Well played my friend. Hopefully they will learn about Minnesota regulations...the hard way.