Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broken line

Gas Oven Problem

3 posts in this topic

Our Kenmore gas range/oven has been around for a while (maybe 12 years). I found today the stove burners work just fine, however the oven or broiler do nothing when turned on. It is what is called electronic ignition, so I'm wondering if this could be just an easy part to get and replace or is it time to go shopping.

Is this the type that you turn on and it just lights up? If so, it's probably an easy fix. I had a similar issue last year. It turned out to be the igniter, which I bought and replaced for about $70. It's a pieces that, when it gets hot enough, opens the valve to let gas in and then ignites the gas.

Mine has two--one for the oven and a separate for the broiler. Since they were the same and the broiler worked fine, I just flip-flopped them. The oven then worked as normal, so I knew that was the culprit. Bought a new one and it was really easy to install.

I fixed one of those egnitors on our last stove, Pretty easy fix and there are alot of appliance parts sales on the web.