• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brake pad recommendation?

2002 Honda Accord, V6. I've done some research, but am amazed at how many choices are offered, even in OEM.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a big difference in rotor selection? I'm assuming I'll switch those out at the same time.

Thanks much!

Good to know -- tho it's a pretty easy task for the average weekend warrior...I recently bought it as a 3rd vehicle and the pads/rotors are in need (118k miles...unsure if original equipment is still in use).

Thanks also, Airjer!

That would make sense -- if the orig pads were replaced at 60k...I'm at 120k now.

Thanks again for the recommendation -- Can the Wagners be purchased at Napa or most auto stores?

make sure you either turn the rotors or replace them, as you may end up replacing pads sooner if you dont. I have always used the napa pads and had good luck with them. they can get you as close to the oem as possible.

My wife delivers mail 6 days a week, rural route. I change front pads every 2 months. I have kept very good records on the miles between changes (sorry didn't keep track of the brands) but from Napa I have bought everything from the most expensive to the cheapest ones. They all were shot within a week of each other. Now I just buy the cheapest ones all the time. But not definitely the average user here.

New pads every two months?! Yea she obviously stops quite often but that seems very excesive. Something doesn't seem right.

rural mail carriers are on gravel a lot also which doesn't help matters any.

I just did the brakes on my wifes G6 and replaced the rotors as well after 45K miles. All of those miles are commuting to the metro. I'm at 42K miles on the '08 Silverado originals and still going strong.