Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinchicks

Chicken kabob recipes?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have a good chicken kabob recipe that does not involve bell peppers (hubby is allergic)?

I always marinate my chicken kabobs in Italian dressing. Very tastey, but I really couldn't tell you if there are bell peppers in the making of it. sick

I make beef/chicken combo kabobs and I also use Italian dressing. Except, I marinate the meat in the dressing and then just baste the left over dressing on, once the kabobs are assembled. It seems that if you soak veggies in the dressing for too long they get kind of mushy.

I use:

*Sirloin steak

*Chicken

*Cherry tomatoes

*Big pineapple chunks (I assemble the kabobs so the pineapple is next to the meat, gives it a good flavor)

*Bell Peppers, if you want.

*Red Onions (They seem to hold the best out of all the veggies, so I make sure to keep them on the ends to keep things in line.

I've even done some parboiled red potato chunks.

I'm not a mushroom fan, but those are also a possibility.

Rather than the typical italian dressing marinade, I have been using Lawry's 30 minute Hawaiian marinade lately. Very good flavor in it.

One alternative for peppers if you still want some bulk. Cube up some potatoes and boil them for about five minutes to soften and somewhat cook them. Not too soft though, then skewer them with the other ingredients and finish them on the grill. They should finish up nicely over a hot fire.

Rather than the typical italian dressing marinade, I have been using Lawry's 30 minute Hawaiian marinade lately. Very good flavor in it.

One alternative for peppers if you still want some bulk. Cube up some potatoes and boil them for about five minutes to soften and somewhat cook them. Not too soft though, then skewer them with the other ingredients and finish them on the grill. They should finish up nicely over a hot fire.

We like to use the canned Irish potatoes for kabobs. They cook up nice and have a good flavor. I like to put chunks of onion on both sides of my meat to semi protect it. I cut the onion chunks so they are big and put on a piece so it curves to the left then put on my chunk of meat and then put on one that curves to the left if that makes any sense at all confused All I know is that it taste great and I guess that's what is the most important part grin

We use French dressing and let the chicken marinate overnight. Add onions, pineapple, and mushrooms to the skewers, season to taste, and grill on low heat, watching so dressing left on meat carmelizes and doesn't burn. Can brush more dressing on just before finishing grilling and allow to carmelize as well. We use the Baker's and Chef's brand from Sam's and mix it half and half with a sweet and spicy french. We really like it! It's a trick my wife learned when she used to work at the Old Howard in Hibbing, except they did their steak kebabs like this and they were outstanding!