• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Look out monster bucks this is my year!!!

Kind of funny now that I sit back and think about it. last weekend I was bored one evening waiting for the family to get ready for the fireworks to get going. I decided I will get my bow out and shoot. Got out the ladder and pulled the bow down from the attic. My 3D target was already set up so did a quick once over of the bow and ready it to shoot. Quick note: I live close to town. Really close in fact. 1/2 a mile from downtown. Any who I pulled my bow back and aimed at my target. I catch something off to my side so I let down. 20 feet from me and my dog here comes a spotted fawn running around my garage. I stood there in awe and the fawn stopped when she saw me. My golden is sitting looking at me and I'm talking to the dog so she wouldn't notice the fawn who was now 10' behind her. The fawn took off running the length of my yard and a couple of hops and she was over the road and into the neighbors yard. The dog never heard or seen the fawn. Wow I was happy. I pictured the dog on a mad chase that could have ended really bad. Any way all turned out good and was really fun to watch. Last night I pulled the bow out again and my first shot was dead on at 20 yds. The second shot was good too. Little to good. It ended up costing me about $20 for two arrow. A first time Robin Hood for me. Good carma is looking down at me. Look out big guy I'm only 2 months away from my favorite time of the year.

AWESOME!!! I'm excited again this year. Last year was my first so there was a huge learning curve. Now this year I've been stoked and I don't think I was to crazy excited till the taxadermist called and said my buck was done which I got last fall during bow season. Now every day I see my deer head on the wall and my bow and arrows ready and it makes me that much more excited. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=53386753&l=24ae72ad04&id=13950794 Sept 19th can't get here soon enough especially since my co workers are all ND Residents and Aug 30th their heading west for a week trip for bow opener. Luck guys!